View Single Post
Old 06-30-2017, 12:35 PM   #9
BandB
Guru

City: Fort Lauderdale. Florida, USA
When we lived on Lake Norman, we were fortunate as to fireworks. There was a lakeside show further up the lake. In fact, I noticed this year they have a show four nights in a row, July 1-4. Then Charlotte Motor Speedway, then the Ballpark and the Stadium both in Charlotte so nothing real close to our home. I just counted (bored on the plane) at least 10 fireworks displays in Miami-Dade County. Fort Lauderdale is simpler. One huge display on the beach which we can see fine from home, just over 1/2 mile, or from a friend's home as this year, about 1/4 mile. We will not get in a boat to go see them. Nor will we walk over to the beach as I have no desire to be packed onto a beach to watch them. No pets to scare. I remember in NC a friend who had a Collie that was always terrified by fireworks, to the point of shaking, even though they lived no where close to where they were being set off.

I do admit to one time going to a fireworks display by boat. Two years ago, we took a boat to one of the East River watching areas for the July 4 Fireworks in New York. It was incredible but once in a lifetime is enough. Next time, if there, we'll just sit at the marina.
BandB is offline   Reply With Quote