Heat Wave PNW

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They say high 80's by/Sunday.

Sounds great. I hope I can get out and enjoy it.

After the last two summers of unusually warm weather, I am on a hunt to find places to swim off the boat in the South Sound. It has to be a location with very shallow water that is set apart from the main channels. The tides have to be just right as well. Oro Bay on Anderson Island, McMicken Island, and Burton (Vashon Island) are three that I've found. I think there is a spot at Penrose State Park that might be good as well.

Other than the devastation that will occur in the fish, shellfish, and sea mammals in Puget Sound, this whole global warming thing might not be too bad for a boater on Puget Sound.

Eric,

I should come up from the Sacramento, California area so I can cool off!

Sat and Sun it's predicted to be 88 degrees both days. And we're 30 miles up into the mountains. There's a 3000' mountain peak about 6000' south of us. Still can see bits of snow in places. But it's going to top out close to 90 this weekend.

Ray,
I would.

Prof,
Standby.

Dave,
You're from a different planet to look fwd to near 90 degree temps. Enjoy!

They say high 80's by/Sunday.

you have been in washington too long... 80's is not a heat wave..

100+ for 2 weeks is a start of a heat wave..

80's with a touch of 90 is called summer time.. bring it on!

HOLLYWOOD

The missus arrived in Montana this afternoon to 90s.

Just as well she left from Orlando so was dressed appropriately!

Dave,
You're from a different planet to look fwd to near 90 degree temps. Enjoy!

I hate really hot weather, but it is a good excuse to try and find a place in the Sound where I can jump in the water and not die of cold water drowning.

Where are you seeing those kind of numbers? Two forecasts I just looked show nothing like that in the north sound.

It's been wet & cold for so long this spring. Things average out over time...

Recently it's been cool here with temperatures ten to twenty degrees below normal, but this week is full of 90s and 100s. Uncomfortably high temperatures are typically here in Diablo Valley for two or three weeks a year, broken up over the season. East of here in the Central Valley, however, temperatures can be brutal and extensive but not unusual. ..,. Ray should spend more time on his boat in Vallejo where it is 15 degrees cooler than Sacramento.

Where are you seeing those kind of numbers? Two forecasts I just looked show nothing like that in the north sound.

Well guess again ballot box breath! Pushing 85 today even in LaConner on the water! I declare every time I believe a weather forecast I end up with egg on my face!!:banghead:

It is summer after all. In this area, 3 days in a row over 65 is a heat wave!!

Our mailing address is Concrete but we physically live 100' into Hamilton. The forecast for Hamilton, the closest town to us (bout 2 mi) is for 96 degrees tomorow. Yes I call that a heat wave. And for the next 15 days the highest percentage chance for rain is 20%.

This is not normal PNW weather.

Last edited:
Sounds great. I hope I can get out and enjoy it.

After the last two summers of unusually warm weather, I am on a hunt to find places to swim off the boat in the South Sound. It has to be a location with very shallow water that is set apart from the main channels. The tides have to be just right as well. Oro Bay on Anderson Island, McMicken Island, and Burton (Vashon Island) are three that I've found. I think there is a spot at Penrose State Park that might be good as well.

Other than the devastation that will occur in the fish, shellfish, and sea mammals in Puget Sound, this whole global warming thing might not be too bad for a boater on Puget Sound.

Dave,
In the sound wherever there is large beach area exposed at low tide and bright sun above when the tide comes in the sand heated by the sun will heat the water. I've experienced probably 70 degree water on the east side of Camano Is.

Our mailing address is Concrete but we physically live 100' into Hamilton. The forecast for Hamilton, the closest town to us (bout 2 mi) is for 96 degrees tomorow. Yes I call that a heat wave. And for the next 15 days the highest percentage chance for rain is 20%.

This is not normal PNW weather.
Eric, my sister lives just outside Concrete and is always whining about the weather in whatever form it may take that day. They lived in Hamilton until they got flooded out twice, then moved. I remember talking to her goofy husband the night of the last big flood, forget the year, but he was saying to me as I was saying he ought to get out now, "ahhh, you're gonna flood before we do". As my dad used to say, "famous last words". I told goofy BIL, that since I live on a hill on an island that I might outlast him for flooding!

As far as the current weather goes, its a little warmer than some years, but after one of the wettest winters in recent memory, a record breaker in fact, we could use a little nice weather! I am not the least alarmed by it, its just the weather, and we cant do a thing about it, so I just try to enjoy it.

CURRENT WEATHER

59° F
RealFeel® 58°
Cloudy
See Hourly
>
TONIGHT

JUN 24
52° Lo
RealFeel® 51°
Low clouds
More
TOMORROW

JUN 25
60° Hi
RealFeel® 60°
Cloudy with a stray shower
More
MONDAY

JUN 26
63° Hi
RealFeel® 63°
Mostly cloudy with a shower
Mor

We spent the weekend on board. It was about 85* Friday, 90* Saturday, today on the way home it topped 100*. We were glad to get back to the slip.

No heat wave here. Silva Bay, South end of Gabriola Island. Lovely weather, not too hot, not too cold. 25 at 3:00 PM.

No heat wave here. Silva Bay, South end of Gabriola Island. Lovely weather, not too hot, not too cold. 25 at 3:00 PM.

Koliver,
Ill move from Chemainus to Ladysmith tomorrow, Nanaimo YC Tuesday, False Creek Wednesday, Thursday then Vancouver Rowing Club 1st and 2nd. Does that cross your oath at all ?

Koliver,
Ill move from Chemainus to Ladysmith tomorrow, Nanaimo YC Tuesday, False Creek Wednesday, Thursday then Vancouver Rowing Club 1st and 2nd. Does that cross your oath at all ?

...er...path?

Back
Top Bottom