Surround Sound

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Arthurc

Guru
Vessel Name
Sea Bear
Vessel Make
Kadey-Krogen 54
Hi all,
Apologies in advance if this should go in a different area of the forum.

Has anyone figured out a good 12v 5.1 surround sound amp/processor? I mostly want it for music but occasional movies would be nice, the problem is 110 receivers are big and most I know of reset their settings or input or power when unplugged, something that will happen a ton on a boat.

Thoughts?

I'm running a Sony Xplod Marine stereo with FB wired remote and also another wireless remote. It's not true surround sound, but with 5 Bose speakers down (1 sub, 4 satellites) and 3 speakers up top (another Bose sub and 2 Alpine Marine FB speakers) it sounds great. It all runs on 12V and the two Bose subs are passive...not powered.

I can bluetooth from my Amazon Echo Tap or laptop or tablet or phone to my stereo or select TV audio via wired input.

Gotta have good tunes on a boat, right?

I have a Fusion 700 to a JL Audio amp and speakers with a Sub. You positively cannot go wrong with JL...especially for music. Pricey stuff but you get what you pay for.

Agree with all said.... and doing a high end car audio system in the pilot house and outside. The issue is I want real 5.1 as we have many rainy nights here in the pacnw and with a toddler movies can be a blessing!

We have a vizio 5.1 setup for cheap money that sounds okay, not audiophile but I have a separate system for that. If you have an inverter it should work out well. (Or you could look into the actual voltage requirements, maybe bypass the power supply and add a dc voltage regulator )

All my music and TV streams from my Intellian Sat TV and other music/movie sources such as iPad and phone, XM Sirius, directly to my $7,000 hearing aids. The sound is full stereo and absolutely stunning. Can hear it anywhere on the boat, even on the dock. My wife never has to tell me to turn the volume down as it is independent from the real speaker sources. Won't do much for the toddlers though, they will have to wait a few years depending on how many live concerts they go to. :dance:

Back
Top Bottom