How Was Your Father's Day

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

menzies

Guru
Vessel Name
SONAS
Vessel Make
Grand Alaskan 53
[Who stole my "H?"]
After a late breakfast we headed out on the RIB, across the St Johns to the local sandbar at Fort George. After tooling around there for an hour or so we headed to Beach Marina and Big Dawgs for a beer and a sandwich. Then off back home for a Captain and Coke by the pool. Then a nap, followed by a tour of the neighborhood harbour. Back home for a nice caprese salad and a bone in rib eye!

Life is good!

Photos are:

The fleet being maintained at the BAE docks.
Fort George sandbars
Cruising the neighborhood
Neighborhood marina
Big juicy steak
Captain!!

Attachments

• FD1.JPG
    FD1.JPG
    184 KB · Views: 77
  • FD2.JPG
    FD2.JPG
    168.5 KB · Views: 83
  • FD3.jpg
    FD3.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 79
  • FD4.jpg
    FD4.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 84
  • FD5.JPG
    FD5.JPG
    154.1 KB · Views: 83
  • FD6.jpg
    FD6.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 84
  • FD7.jpg
    FD7.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:
We wrapped up the remodeling on the bathroom in our condo this morning when I put in a new light switch, receptacles and got the baseboards back on.

Then we went for a ride around town to see what other crazy people were on in the 118* temps. Then out to dinner at a place that does a GREAT job on Walleye.

I watched my daughter turn the tassel for her high school graduation- she. It only graduated with high honors from high school, she also received her AA degree from Tacoma Community College with honors!

The perfect Father's Day!

Went and did some small jobs on the boat before the family woke up. Came home, had lunch, put together an Ikea Kitchen cabinet then had a 1/2 hour nap. Went for a couple hour spin on the boat with the family, came home, put together the drawers for the cabinet, had dinner, watched a movie, then went back down to the boat for a bit more.

Pretty laid back :thumb:

Cowboy burger, sweet potato fries, and a craft beer at Put-In-Bay on Lake Erie. Son called to wish me a happy Father's day. Daughter is in Japan, will talk to her later today. Talked to my wife in Maryland for a half hour. It's all good.

Ted

I went sailing with my Son. Just the two of us. Priceless.

Cowboy burger, sweet potato fries, and a craft beer at Put-In-Bay on Lake Erie. Son called to wish me a happy Father's day. Daughter is in Japan, will talk to her later today. Talked to my wife in Maryland for a half hour. It's all good.

Ted
Ted,, I'm in Windsor,(Detroit River) if you need anything on your way through.

On the hook, Skull Cove BC, weather day. Burgers and beer and presents. Great day.

Finished cradle boat for my daughter on father's day, who is producing the crew in September. Her first and my first grandchild. Son, who helped financially with the project, came for dinner. Sent daughter pics of boat and mock up of plaque for cradle. Daughter called crying after seeing plaque. Blamed it on hormones. Haven't been on powerboat for a week. Fog, rain, drizzle, cold. All and all a good day.

Attachments

• cradle7.jpg
    cradle7.jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 64
  • Cradle plaque.jpg
    Cradle plaque.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 113
Now that is a very nice cradle! A to-be handed down family item!

It was great . Got the call from our twin daughters. On the boat for a week off and a new Helm chair. Life is good .

Last edited:
Finished cradle boat for my daughter on father's day, who is producing the crew in September. Her first and my first grandchild. Son, who helped financially with the project, came for dinner. Sent daughter pics of boat and mock up of plaque for cradle. Daughter called crying after seeing plaque. Blamed it on hormones. Haven't been on powerboat for a week. Fog, rain, drizzle, cold. All and all a good day.
Very sweet.

[Who stole my "H?"]

There...I gave it back to you. Must have fallen behind the monitor.

I watched my daughter turn the tassel for her high school graduation- she. It only graduated with high honors from high school, she also received her AA degree from Tacoma Community College with honors!

The perfect Father's Day!

Wow! What a slacker! :D You have great reason to be proud of her. WTG, Dad!

A new family heirloom. Very nice work for a retired attorney! Congrats on your expectant grandfatherhood.

We avoided Sacramento's 107* temps by cruising to Sausalito for 82* temps. Enjoyed whale watching inside the bay (didn't see them but they were reported very nearby), a visit to the Marine Mammal Rescue Center in Marin Headlands and some halibut fishing on the way home.

Of course, Father's Day wouldn't be complete without talking to my daughters who continue to amaze me with their accomplishments. Good thing I married pretty AND smart or they'd have neither.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom