Good Rhode Island Marina to P/U and Drop Off?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bigpoppop

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Long Time Dead
Vessel Make
Nordhavn 55
Hi- in case we can't make Maine on schedule are there a few convenient (and ez in and out) marina's in Rhode Island close to large airports?

Thanks everyone for advice!

Jeff

Yes, I have taken a mooring in East Greenwich, RI (near the Brewers that Jay speaks of above) and then a cab to the Providence airport which is only 5-10 miles away.

You seem to have a wide variation in your cruising plans. How about Boston? Constitution Marina is close to Logan, but a bit expensive.

All of this is knowable using Active Captain. I am a bit surprised that many don't know about AC as this is the umpteenth time I have answered questions like this that are easily found with AC.

David

The major airport in Rhode Island will be T.F. Green which is technically in Warwick, RI. I'd be looking in the general Warwick RI area.

There are 2 Brewers Marinas in that area, however there are a number of options in the general Greenwich Bay area.

Along the RI and mass coastline as you travel toward Maine, you will a number of quality marinas, with easy access to the two major airports. They are Logan in Boston, and TFGreen in Warwick. It is very easy to reach either airport.
As stated check Active Capttain for marinas. Whereever you stop you get to either airport quickly.

John

There are at least 9 marinas in close proximity to TF Greene Airport in Warwick. There are 2 Brewers in Greenwich Bay and 1 in Warwick Cove, Apponaug Harbor and Ponaug in Apponaug Harbor, Harbor Lights, Bay, Winstead in Warwick Cove. All are less than 10 minutes from the Airport.

As others have said, Warwick area which has many Brewer's marinas. As one person mentioned, AC is an excellent tool for this. Find the city and airport and then just look for marinas near. Warwick is a bit of a run up the Narrangansett Bay and then Greenwich Bay.

Providence is the largest airport in RI. The quality of connections depends on where people are flying. Most flights to other areas of the country will not be one stop, but will connect through one of the three NY airports or Logan in Boston.

Back
Top Bottom