Teak deck removal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
All of the deck work, windows, trim, doors and paint complete. Turned out pretty nice. Installing windows, doors and port lights this week. IMG_0755.JPGIMG_0757.JPGIMG_0761.JPGIMG_0762.JPGIMG_0765.JPGIMG_0766.JPGIMG_0767.JPG

Professionally done:thumb: Now polish that brass.LOL

Thanks, very pleased. Windows and doors are from AJR in Vancouver, BC and Port-lights from New Found Metals in Port Townsend and stainless hatches from Bomar . Epoxied wood on all cabin thresholds and Installing with butyl tape. I will post pictures after install is complete.

Progress pictures of window installs. Dry fitting all windows and port lights. IMG_0778.JPGIMG_0780.JPGIMG_0781.JPGIMG_0782.JPGIMG_0783.JPGIMG_0777.JPG

Wow! Looks really nice. Also looks really EXPENSIVE! That is one reason why I have shied away from anything with teak decks while searching for my next boat.

Wow! Looks really nice. Also looks really EXPENSIVE! That is one reason why I have shied away from anything with teak decks while searching for my next boat.

Very sound strategy [emoji106]

Wow, that's really impressive! This is a great example of being able to take an older boat that you really like, and tastefully upgrading the exterior.

Ted

IMG_0805.JPGIMG_0803.JPG

Epoxy to create level door frame base.

IMG_0802.JPGIMG_0799.JPG

Installing port-lights

IMG_0800.JPGIMG_0796.JPG

Hatches and all windows installed.

IMG_0794.JPG

Dry fitting doors.

One more time our famous Mr RTF win the gold medal of the best comment expressing what I think! Congratulations Mr RTF and of course, very well done job Kwestby!

L.

Where do you find those [emoji23]

Very nice! Really like the quality of the components and the professional craftsmanship that the crew seems to have. I'm sure you are very pleased with the work.

Ted

Thank you for sharing this big project here with TF. It seems you really know how to do high-quality work, I respect you!

All good for other projects, be sure to enjoy boating...

Thank you for sharing this big project here with TF. It seems you really know how to do high-quality work, I respect you!

All good for other projects, be sure to enjoy boating...

Thanks for your note and I will post more pics and info as we finish up. We have loved our girl for the last 18 years and traveled thousands of wonderful and safe nm's from Seattle to Alaska. We just took her on her 3rd trip to Alaska with a inside passage to Juneau and back. We are heading back to Broughton's and Desolation this July. We are planning to ship her to La Paz in a year and cruise the Sea of Cortez. Really looking forward to cruising dryer latitudes [emoji51]

More project pics. New anchor pulpit support and chain locker pipe
IMG_0825.JPGIMG_0824.JPG

Cockpit shower install.
IMG_0829.JPGIMG_0828.JPG

Removing and replacing galley, hall and v-birth headliner and installing lots of new led down lights should brighten every thing up.IMG_0827.JPG

IMG_0852.JPG

So bright and light now, very pleased.

IMG_0849.JPG

Forward AC going in. The aft is going into Stateroom closet.

Getting close to launch. Hardware going on now and planning to splash Friday. IMG_0854.JPG

IMG_0887.JPGIMG_0886.JPGIMG_0882.JPGIMG_0879.JPGIMG_0880.JPG

We are floating again and almost ready to head north. Some pictures of her all done.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom