Pgitug
Guru

City: Punta Gorda, fl
Vessel Name: Escapade
Vessel Model: Nordic Tug 37 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seevee View Post
All,

Purchased the Navionics IPad USA app a while ago, and when opening it up yesterday, it didn't work and asked me to purchase it again, that my "trial" was up.

I didn't sign up for a trial, I purchased it and was charged for it. Apple help is about as bad as Navionics. Apple refuse to reinstate the app, give me a bunch of crap, said I had to contact the developer, and all kinds of things.... took 45 minutes, and I gave up.

Navionics doesn't answer their phone unless you wait for a LONG time, so I emailed them.

I tried Apple again this morning and after and hour and seven minutes I got a supervisor that said he'd issue a refund to which I said fine. I thought about buying it again, but decided to screw it, ain't worth the hassle.

On my last big trip (7 days) I tried to get the old C80 chart plotters data current, and with the long phone waits and the lack of quick email response, I got no where until after the trip was over, so I never got them updated.

I like the Navionics charts, but they sure are a pain to deal with. I suspect if there's no issues, they probably work fine.

I like the fact that you can do auto routing on the IPad amp, does anyone know how to download it to a chart plotter?

=====

I'd still like to buy Simrad instead of Garmin for my upgrade, but my biggest worry is product support, both from Simrad AND Navionics......

After my trip, a senior rep from Navionics called me to apologize and asked me to give them another chance (thus I bought their App). She was really nice and convincing. Are they "really" getting better or am I only wishing for better support.

Since you had problems with the Navionics app. And you had problems updating your Raymarine C80 one has to wonder............
Is it the electronics or is it .....
Pgitug is offline   Reply With Quote