New'ish Member - now with a boat!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Arthurc

Guru
Vessel Name
Sea Bear
Vessel Make
Kadey-Krogen 54
Hi, Figured its time I introduce myself.
I was around a bit last year getting info on bluewater trawlers but finally found and purchased one I am very happy with. Thanks for the replies and help last year.

I ended up with a Krogen 54 and couldn't be happier, some retrofit needed but overall a great boat and importantly for me, great headroom. She is my first larger boat however I have spent years cruising the PACNW in my youth so looking forward to getting back into it.

Thanks
Arthur

Wow Aurthur that's a sweet boat . Welcome to TF .

Go big and travel far from home :thumb:

Congratulation Arthur. KK54 is a lot of boat. You will have a great time! What is her name so we can keep an eye out for you?

Name is Sea Bear, she will be up at Philbrooks for the next month then out and about. Super excited although going to take it slow as its a lot more boat than I'm use to, luckily I have a bunch of folks including my Dad who are super experienced and helping out.
AC

Going first class. Good for you. That boat ought to do ya for a long long while.

Going first class. Good for you. That boat ought to do ya for a long long while.

Thats the plan, once I started in the 40+ range I figured why get something I would get 2footitis... Plus I have a 3 year old son so the size also adds a lot of safe area for him.

AC

Congrats on the boat and welcome aboard!

Congratulations from one KK54 owner to another. Love to see some pictures.

Richard

Sea Bear. Cool name.

If you're ever in Gardner Canal keep your eyes peeled for your boat's namesake...we saw a Grizzly make a 2K crossing in there once. It's back was still out of the water at the end of it, and it had no problem hauling itself up the steep, rocky, seaweed covered shoreline.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom