Finally . . . She Floats!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

angus99

Guru
Vessel Name
Stella Maris
Vessel Make
Defever 44
After almost two years on the hard, we launched our Defever 44 on the eastern shore of Maryland last Monday. Except for the rain, all went according to plan. She's being towed because I still have some wiring to do on the engines.

I've posted elsewhere the extensive upgrades we did while she was in drydock, including new through hulls and seacocks, major electrical refit, rudder gear rebuilt, new engine mounts, bonding system, inverter charger and isoboost transformer, etc. Best of all, no leaks! Here are a couple of vids featuring some dockside chatter between my wife and a bystander.

Congratulations!
I can relate to your joy .....we are anchored out at our barrier island this week, enjoying the fruits of about 6 weeks of maintenance and modifications on Salty.

Sweet looks good . Congratulations!

She looks great, Angus! Bet you're relieved and happy to be floating again. It's been a looooong process.

Hope the final connections go smoothly.

Great job, congratulation! Time to enjoy her now! :)

L.

Based on your upgrade list you really put attention into the real details of the vessel, congratulations and fair seas!

Splendid!

We're hoping to get ours out of the water this coming winter and do similar to what you did. Tried to get-e-done last winter, family obligations got in the way.

Luckily I've got a masonry/concrete/tile/stucco crew I use in one of my businesses. When opportunity presents itself... I plan to place rolling scaffold alongside boat and really do her exterior up too. Including rub-rail, heavy compound/wax, window work etc.

Enjoy the heck out of your "new" boat!

I'm not sure that's a big enough Rocna. (Sarcasm)
What size is that thing anyway?
Wish mine was that big.

Congratulations! Lots of satisfaction in big jobs well done.

Ted

Appreciate it, y'all. Much of what I've been able to do is thanks to the good folks on this forum. We'll see how the rest goes soon; next on the list are new water strainers and hoses, installing wifi/remote monitoring and seeing if the engines will start.

Pgitug, the anchor is an 80-lb Manson Supreme. I, too, have often wished mine were bigger :eek:.

Angus, she looks schweet!
Good job on the maintenance and upgrades, now finish her off, fire her up and cast off all lines!:dance:

Bill

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom