Water in bilge

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If you can locate other owners of the same model boat you have they may be familiar with the hollow keel, if there is one, and a solution. If a President owners group exists that would be a good place to start.
My boat does have a hollow keel but has an inspection plate.
Good luck

I will do a search to see if there is a President owner group. I can't find anything online about the keel.

The President user group is pretty much dead as far as I can tell. I posted some questions and didn't get much if any response. Not much new on it the last time I checked. Too bed.

Any news?

Yes. We found small crack at the prop shaft strut. Letting it dry out and will check it out in the morning. I have my survey guy stopping by to meet with me and the shop guy. We will drop the strut to make sure the hull didn't wick water the length of the hull. Will check hull with moisture meter just to be sure.
Appears I hit something at some point. I think it was a pylon floating with a 2x12 bolted to it when I was going down the ICW last month. That's about the time we noticed the water followed by the smell.

Back
Top Bottom