Old 06-01-2017, 02:51 PM   #84
Seevee
Guru

City: st pete
Vessel Model: 430 Mainship
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve91T View Post
Hey everyone, just thought I'd update.

We are going to see the boat Saturday. We're flying a small plane tomorrow afternoon into Charleston. We've got a hotel downtown, so we're making it a little vacation. Downtown Charleston is a blast. We're meeting the broker at 9 am, and if all goes well, we're doing the river test at about 10, right around low tide.

We're excited. Should be a fun couple of days. We are completely prepared to walk away if there's something that we find during our inspection. If all is well, we'll make an offer contingent on the survey.
Steve91T,

It's evident that you've learned a few things from this forum, even though yu may have disagreed a bit. I have also, but the overwhelming good knowledge from this group is priceless. And, it's also fun to debate what's best at times.

Hope this works out for you... it's your first "big" boat. It's a great beginner boat that you can beat up and sink and it won't cost you a fortune. Enjoy it and learn with it. I'm betting a few years down the road you'll be stepping up. That's exactly what many of us did.

I beat the heck out of my first "big" boat, and knew it was going to be a lesson. Loved the boat and had many good times, but from all the little mistakes I made, I learned so when I got the next one I was a better captain. Worked well.