Marine Trading Trawler Owner's Manual

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

WallyM

Vessel Name
Santosha
Vessel Make
1993 - 34' Marine Trader - Aft Cabin
Hello all;

I recently purchased a 1993, 34' Marine Trading aft cabin trawler. Unfortunately, there is no owner's manual with the boat. Does anyone have a PDF copy of the owner's manual for this model of boat that they would be kind enough to share with me?

Thanks very much!

Wally MacKinnon
London, Ontario

wallymackinnon@hotmail.com

MT Owner's Manual

Very interesting that the company did not produce any documentation other than sales brochures. Guess I'll have to make my own manual.

Thanks!

Wally

I took a seminar from Bob Smith on the Lehman diesels. There was the encyclopedia of knowledge about Marine Traders. There was not a question about MTs that he didn't know the answer. Unfortunately he recently passed away.

I bought my MT directly and in person from Marine Trading International in Toms River, NJ. They said they never made a manual. They did give me all the brochures and instructions for the ancillary equipment on board and a nice folder in which to keep them.

So don't fall victim to those web sites that promise genuine Marine Trading International owner's manuals. They are a fake.

Well this explains a lot! Learning as I go!

Too bad about the lack of manuals. We had a 1978 Trojan F32. About 4 years ago I bought an original factory owners manual. It had the original bill of sale to the dealer. Included were wiring schematics, manuals for all of the equipment and basic instructions for the boat. One of Trojan's employees bought up the documentation and parts when Trojan went out of business. He provides excellent support.

You might want to check out MTOA.net
It stands for Marine Trawler Owners Assoc. It used to be Marine Traders...
There are a lot of Marine Trader owners on it.

I took a seminar from Bob Smith on the Lehman diesels. There was the encyclopedia of knowledge about Marine Traders. There was not a question about MTs that he didn't know the answer. Unfortunately he recently passed away.

Yes, Bob knew more about those boats and the Lehman engines than anyone. Word has it, he could troubleshoot the Lehman over the phone better that most mechanics could sitting in the engine room. I understand that his son took over the company and knows almost as much as his dad especially about the Lehman.
American Diesel in Kilmarnock, VA.

http://www.mtoa.net

I joined MTOA in the late '90s shortly after I bought my first trawler.

MTOA is a wonderful group of knowledgeable, giving, unselfish trawler owners.

Virtually everything you might want to know about your Marine Trader can be found in their forums.

A surprisingly high number of MTOA members own trawlers that are NOT Marine Traders. Almost every brand of trawler that you can name is represented there.

It costs $65 a year to be a member. Worth every cent.

Education is cheap compared to ignorance, someone once said.

Thanks everyone for the feedback & info. I will check out the MTOA. Sounds like a good group to join.

Cheers!

Wally

Yes, Bob was amazing. He did walk throughs of peoples boats at the Rendezvous. He knew all about pretty much anything mechanical and boat related. His son, Brian also seems very sharp.

Back
Top Bottom