Synthetic teak and holly flooring for salon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ddalme

Vessel Name
Relenti
Vessel Make
Atlantic 30, 1983
Getting tired of the carpet in the salon. Looking at a product called Nautifloor. A synthetic Teak and holly flooring. Has anyone got any experience with this product.

Is it Naughty Floor? maybe I am confused with the name :D

Amtico synthetic teak

Getting tired of the carpet in the salon. Looking at a product called Nautifloor. A synthetic Teak and holly flooring. Has anyone got any experience with this product.

Amtico is a great solution - used on a lot of high end boats such as Hatteras etc.

We put Amtico in our 22 year old Nordic Tug and took 10 years off it. Attached is a picture of a portion of it. Other than hard to find someone who sells it, not real hard to do. We are on year 3 and it still looks new.

Tom

Attachments

• 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 148
Last edited:
We put Amtico in our 22 year old Nordic Tug and took 10 years off it. Attached is a picture of a portion of it. Other than hard to find someone who sells it, not real hard to do. We are on year 3 and it still looks new.

Tom

WOW it really looks good! I don't know why some trawlers come with funky floors. That looks great and I imagine is very low maintenance. Thanks for the picture !!!

One other thing about Amtico, it comes in strips just like real wood and is glued down with a 2 part epoxy. If a strip is damaged (hard to do with anything other than a sharp knife and still not easy), you can heat it up with a heat gun and breakdown the glue, pull up the strip and replace it.

Tom

One other thing about Amtico, it comes in strips just like real wood and is glued down with a 2 part epoxy. If a strip is damaged (hard to do with anything other than a sharp knife and still not easy), you can heat it up with a heat gun and breakdown the glue, pull up the strip and replace it.

Tom

Sweet!

Back
Top Bottom