Veteran Member

City: Tarpon Springs, Fl.
Vessel Name: Knot Dreaming
Vessel Model: 1995 Silverton 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by karendgal View Post
Hello everyone,
My husband and I are new to the forum!

We're landlocked at the moment in Oklahoma but we hope to have a boat sometime in the near future. We have to sell our land first or trade our land for a trawler.

So far we are leaning towards a 53 ft 1988 DeFever. We plan to live aboard as we travel and we are so looking forward to the day we can get started.

Thanks,
Karen & Dave
Welcome Aboard. Wow, you really are landlocked there. Since you did not mention any previous boating experience I would also suggest giving it a try by chartering a smaller boat while you are waiting to buy. A 53 DeFever is a heck of a first boat, but we have all seen people who buy a bigger boat than their experience level would suggest and boating becomes a chore. The boat never leaves the dock because they are afraid they cannot handle it and they eventually sell it and never buy another boat. It is called "pleasure boating" for a reason. Get a boat that you are comfortable with and trade up later if you decide you want to. You have a good idea, just need to get all the details worked out. Good Luck
MichaelH is offline   Reply With Quote