Questions for Webinar

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cruiserChick

I do a lot of sailing and boating and have been using Navionics for quite some time and people tend to ask me a lot of questions about it. So I'm going to conduct a free webinar focusing on using the mobile app. If you have questions you'd like me to address please post them here. Thanks!

Sounds great.

First comment about where one can get a tutorial or an owners manual...seem non existent.

Go over how to do a route, what the different colors and symbols mean and how to get around the "too many waypoints" issue.

And how to transfer routes to a chart plotter (Simrad).

Also, how to get Navionics to answer the phone.

Sounds great.

First comment about where one can get a tutorial or an owners manual...seem non existent.

Go over how to do a route, what the different colors and symbols mean and how to get around the "too many waypoints" issue.

And how to transfer routes to a chart plotter (Simrad).

Also, how to get Navionics to answer the phone.

Thanks for your input. I'll add those to my list!

Will there be a recording for those of us that have commitments then?

I do a lot of sailing and boating and have been using Navionics for quite some time and people tend to ask me a lot of questions about it. So I'm going to conduct a free webinar focusing on using the mobile app. If you have questions you'd like me to address please post them here. Thanks!

Do you work for Navionics?

Whenever I scroll with my thumb it jumps over to a list of symbols screen requiring me to tap the maps button to get back. Very annoying. What am I doing wrong?

Whenever I scroll with my thumb it jumps over to a list of symbols screen requiring me to tap the maps button to get back. Very annoying. What am I doing wrong?

Well, that is really weird. I've never seen this before. Does it only happen when you scroll with your thumb? And if so, what are you clicking with your thumb to get to the symbols? What do the symbols look like? It could be that you are clicking on the map and then clicking the question mark that appears when you click on the map (usually used for adding waypoints, getting more information about that location, etc).

Well, that is really weird. I've never seen this before. Does it only happen when you scroll with your thumb? And if so, what are you clicking with your thumb to get to the symbols? What do the symbols look like? It could be that you are clicking on the map and then clicking the question mark that appears when you click on the map (usually used for adding waypoints, getting more information about that location, etc).

No just using my thumb to move the map around like any other app. Not clicking anything.
Funny, today it is not misbehaving at all. I must have been touching the ? button. Kind of a stupid place to put it.

Last edited:
Curious that out of 20 posts, the word Navionics appears in all but a couple.

Not making a case...just curiosity too.

All I was wondering was what background she/he has that makes them feel they are an authority on using Navionics, other than what was stated in the OPs first post.

I've learned a lot from skilled amateurs as well as professionals. Maybe more from amateurs in some cases.

I was just wonder which we were being presented with in this case.

It is a good question Capt. Bill, IMO, the more professionals the better.

Sorry for the late reply. Wedding and honeymoon will be distracting like that. Heading to Alaska now.
I work with Navionics to educate users. I used Navionics when my husband and I were cruising the Caribbean and Bahamas for a year and when I got back I was telling one of my friends that I hadn't talked to in a few years about the awesome charts and app. He said "Sweetie, I'm the national Navionics manager" lol.
And then he said that he loved how excited I was about Navionics and asked if I'd like to help educate other boaters. I was hesitant but then he said I didn't have to sell ANYthing, just educate. I love teaching so I jumped at the chance to help other boaters learn about how to be safer and use the available features in Navionics to improve whatever type of boating they do.

Back
Top Bottom