The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mkeller

Hi!

I've been lurking for the better part of a year before finally joining. I'm restoring a 1979 44" Marine Trader with twin Lehman 120 engines.

I bought this boat as a kit (the pieces were there, I just had to figure out where they went). I have been slowly bringing this boat back to life.

Task 1 was removing a spiderweb of rotten electrical wiring to nowhere and replacing enough to make the DC system functional and safe. Task 2 was getting the engines running after replacing all the fuel lines, battery cables and starters. Task 3 was removing and sealing window leaks and repairing rot around the frames. I'm now finishing task 3 and embarking on task 4 which is attention to the running gear, namely replacement of shafts and shaft bearings. Final task will be a bottom job starting with a barrier coat.

While the boat probably has another 2 years of projects, with luck I launch in July.

Thank you in advance for your answers to the questions I'm going to ask.

Mike

Welcome to the Trawler Forum Mike. Please post pictures of your boat and projects (which you seem to be handling well!).

Welcome to the forum! Sounds like a good project.

Ted

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom