View Single Post
Old 05-16-2017, 07:09 PM   #37
what_barnacles
Guru

City: kemah
It took 2 (corded) saws and 35 blades or so and about 2 weeks, maybe 24+ hours total cutting time. I couldnt get myself to sit there and cut them up for 8 hours a day. Hot, loud, smelly, Man the bug goo on the bottom of the tanks was so freeking nasty. The cordless saw just sat there and peed itself when it saw the tank,

I cut sections of plates out. top front down to the stringer to take the front plate out (the plate was as wide as the baffle spacing), the the top plate section to the back wall, and the the back wall down to 2" off the bottom. I had 4 baffles so it took 5 sections of plates + the baffles as I exposed them. Once the front back and top sections were out I cut the bottom up in about the same size pieces.

You will wind up sitting in the tank as you cut the top, back and baffles out, so get several $10 pairs of jeans so you can toss them as they get nasty.

Pretty un-nerving watching sparks from the tank fall into the bug goo but it always went out. No way you could do that with a gasoline tank.
what_barnacles is offline   Reply With Quote