New Helmsman 31

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JDHough

After looking at dozens of alternatives, we discovered the Helmsman 31. The classic trawler design coupled with exceptional interior design captured us. The quality of the fittings, the fit and finish and the outstanding craftsmanship throughout sets the Helmsman above and beyond everything else available. We acquired it in April 2017 and have been delighted with its performance and the customer support provided by Scott and Lisa Helker of Waterline Boats.

Welcome. Nice vessel. Pictures..?

Congratulations on the new boat!

Eagle harbor is a nice spot.

Congrats. Any updates on your rig? How is she doing after 2 months? Did you buy that light blue one that was on Yachtworld?

Gosh I think we saw a red one today somewhere between Poulsbo and Kingston. It was headed south and we were headed north. Pretty boat. We were super impressed with the fit and finish of the boat at the Seattle Boat show. Congratulations.

The Helmsman 31 is an update to the Camano Troll that was manufactured from about 1989 to about 2006. It's a different manufacturer using the same design and molds. The original was made in Canada, the Helmsman 31 is made in China. The engine is different and much of the interior has been changed but the hull and general design is the same.

My boat is a year 2000 Camano Troll and I love it. My wife, dog and I recently returned from a 69 day cruise on the US east coast and across FL and back.

There were about 260 Camanos built so if you think you see a Helmsman 31, you most likely saw a Camano.

Congratulations on your new boat, you will love it.

Helmsman seems to pack a lot into a 31' boat. Nice use of space. The Hyundai Seasall engine is unique on this side of the pond. Seems very dependable but I would worry about parts availability and warranty service.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom