Gotta love Alaska

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We are cruising along less than 1/4 mile off shore looking at snow fields and beaches in the same view. Ant the water is 2200 feet deep.

Can't wait to head that way...saw the first cruise ship of the season leave Seattle yesterday. Only a few more weeks! You still heading for Prince William Sound?

Can't wait to head that way...saw the first cruise ship of the season leave Seattle yesterday. Only a few more weeks! You still heading for Prince William Sound?

Yes. We have some friends joining us in Sitka for a week of local cruising, then we will start towards PWS. But also thinking of a visit to Glacier Bay since permits aren't required before June 1st. Heading into Red Bluff in a few minutes.

Save us some "Bergies", Twisted!

Hope to be crossing into Canadian waters next few days. All depends on ASD schedule. Tom is shooting for crossing the Bar tomorrow, and if all goes well be in the San Juans Tuesday. Sun has actually been out a couple days now, Much better in the Morale dept.

Cheers

Save us some "Bergies", Twisted!

Hope to be crossing into Canadian waters next few days. All depends on ASD schedule. Tom is shooting for crossing the Bar tomorrow, and if all goes well be in the San Juans Tuesday. Sun has actually been out a couple days now, Much better in the Morale dept.

Cheers

Safe travels. The weather up here so far has been pretty good.

Makes me want to take another Alaskan cruise-ship voyage for the nth time.

Boats, trains: nirvana.

Last edited:
Mark, you need to go on the Big Chutte on the Trent Severn Canal in Canada. You get to be in your boat, and on a train at the same time. How cool is that?

I will watch for you in the Sound, Nordys are always easy to spot. I am there from mid June until the second week of August, in and out of Seward. There is a guide book called the "Cruising Guide to Prince William Sound" authored by Jim and Nancy Lethcoe that you should make every effort to acquire before you make it to the Sound.

It is the consummate guide to PWS! Every boater I know who cruises those waters would consider it indispensable.

I will watch for you in the Sound, Nordys are always easy to spot. I am there from mid June until the second week of August, in and out of Seward. There is a guide book called the "Cruising Guide to Prince William Sound" authored by Jim and Nancy Lethcoe that you should make every effort to acquire before you make it to the Sound.

It is the consummate guide to PWS! Every boater I know who cruises those waters would consider it indispensable.

I've got it.

Hope our paths cross.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom