Welcome Back?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BDofMSP

Guru
Vessel Name
Gopher Broke
Vessel Make
Silverton 410 Sport Bridge
Hello!

I was a participant in this forum a couple of years back. I got so much support from all of you as I tried to begin my journey to discover larger boats and the role that they could play in my life. We bought a starter boat, did some chartering to learn more about our options and true interests, and became strongly committed to the lifestyle.

As happens, a couple things in life got in the way and I had to pull away from the forum for awhile. However we have kept our boat and in fact dedicated last summer to evaluating different local cruising areas with the plan of locating to a marina this year (our boat is trailerable but at almost 30' that's gotten old). After trying short stretches at various locations on the Mississippi and the Great Lakes, we have fallen for the Apostle Islands on Lake Superior. :smitten: It reminds us of cruising the San Juan's and Gulf Islands in certain ways, and we've met wonderful people there. We've gotten a slip at Pike's Bay Marina and we're excited to start our cruising year!

The whole marina lifestyle is new to us, as is the concept of having our boat in the water 24x7 and 4 hours away. We'll be reaching out for advice and I'm certain that we'll be well taken care of by this incredible group. I'll do my best to return the favor whenever possible.

It's good to be back - Thanks!
BD

Welcome back!
We love our marina. We've made some really good friends there and we ha g out there often.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom