View Single Post
Old 04-23-2017, 09:05 PM   #9
HeadMistress
Guru

City: AR
My plumber gave me the same instructions but suggests first running fresh water through the system to clean the lines of any residue as opposed to seawater. Then the treatment, then fresh water again, then restart the system as normal with sea water.

The ES cannot treat unless the salinity in the treatment tank is high enough for the electrodes to generate the hypochlorous acid. That's why it's necessary to put a bucket full of salt water into after you've rinsed it out with fresh water. If you don't want to make the brine solution, flush a bucket of clean sea water into it.

Speaking of salt, most of the ES users simply add raw salt into the system per flush as opposed to the tank systems. I have heard that as long as you use Non Iodized salt it is ok. That's what we used to do. Do you have a comment on this solution?

The salt tanks are easier to use, but I know a lot of people who choose to just add salt to each flush. If you choose to do that, put 2 coffee measures (4 tablespoons) of Kosher or solar salt (they dissolve faster than table salt) into the bowl before flushing.
HeadMistress is offline   Reply With Quote