Melbourne to Pensacola - bringing a boat home

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Panhandler

Vessel Name
Sea Triscuit
Vessel Make
Transtar 50'
I've enjoyed everyone else's blogs so much that I figured I should start one. My wife and I bought an old trawler a few months ago and brought her back to Pensacola in April. I've written a couple posts and hope to add more. Suggestions and feedback welcome.

itsnotayacht.wordpress.com

Great Blog-had to chuckle-been there done that.

Love it...I was literally laughing out loud!
Ready for more!

Man, that's great. Good looking rig.

Enjoyed the blog. Tell us more about the trip from Tarpon Springs to Pensacola, though. We would enjoy reading about the details of the trip. It may sound boring to some, but not to trawler owners! :)

That's GREAT! Keep 'em coming!

Very good.

How are you liking Wordpress?

Didja gain weight by just walking by the bakery on the sponge dock in TS? The Greek food....ooooohhhhh yeah.

Thanks, all! Menzies, I'm still getting a feel for it. Ask me again in a few weeks :).

More to come this week. I appreciate all the kind words.

Great write up, wonderful adventure!

If I may pry, have you given up on practicing law or are you just putting it off for awhile ?

Excellent. Thank you.

Bump. New posts and new adventures. We've found ourselves in St Thomas!

www.seatriscuit.com

Cardude, my apologies for the late reply. After five years of litigation I moved to business development for a forensic consulting firm. Now that we're in St Thomas I'm looking for something to do remotely.

Last edited:
Bump. New posts and new adventures. We've found ourselves in St Thomas!

www.seatriscuit.com

Cardude, my apologies for the late reply. After five years of litigation I moved to business development for a forensic consulting firm. Now that we're in St Thomas I'm looking for something to do remotely.

Very cool!

Any blog entires about the passage to St Thomas? I didn't see any but maybe I missed it. Did the boat do OK?

OK, this is great - you gotta put this in book form. Very good writing - and Eudora Welty was my neighbor!!:rofl::rofl:

Thanks for the kind words!

CarDude, you're correct, no blog entry about the actual cruising. That's in part because, thankfully, it was uneventful. The boat did great. The Caterpillar 3208NA, older than we are, just keeps plugging away. We don't get anywhere fast but thus far we've gotten there and that's what counts!

Knowing what you just experienced would you use a different route from the Bahamas to the Virgins? Does your boat have any form of stabilizers? I'm truly impressed by your sense of adventure and of course your writing style (I've read your blog:thumb:).

Knowing what you just experienced would you use a different route from the Bahamas to the Virgins? Does your boat have any form of stabilizers? I'm truly impressed by your sense of adventure and of course your writing style (I've read your blog:thumb:).
If we were doing it again, we would probably take the more traditional route over to the Turks and Caicos for the shortest jump. However, if the weather is good the route we took was fine. Van Sant's book "Passages South", if you can get past his ego in his writing, is a great source of information.

Our boat is not stabilized in any manner. It would have been nice to have paravenes or something, but then again it would also be nice to have a Nordhaven. Sometimes you've just got to go with what you've got! If you pick your days stabilizers are unnecessary in my opinion.

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom