Tuna Door Questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I dont think it was mentioned here, but we once saw a pre-2000 52' Krogen Express and the side cockpit access door had no hinge. not sure of the terminology but it had a sort of mitre slot arrangement where the door lifted straight up to remove it and it was unattached. when you wanted to close it you slid it downward into the slots on each side (sorry don't have a photo).
It was simple and required no metal hardware. My only concern is that when lifting, you might accidentally drop the door over the side into the water... yikes!

I'm fortunate there Donna. He's busy, which is a good sigh.
And he has a reciprocating saw and is not afraid to use it.

Best of all, while chatting he'd mentioned that the previous weekend he'd had to repair the transom of his son's outboard fishing boat. He talked about "removing rotting core" and "strengthening the transom" and how the boat was now better than when new.

The next door neighbor has known Chris for decades and trusts him.
But Chris is busy.

Therein lies the problem. I have hopes. First though another neighbor has a job that is line before mine.

Remembering your engines episodes...

I suspect you might find it useful to pointedly discuss with him how long it will take, when it will be finished, to what degree it will be cosmetically perfect (or at least "good enough" and assuming structurally sound)...

And what you'll do about it if he fails to complete the job on schedule.

Final payment withheld until completion? Maybe make him leave all his tools on board every time he leaves, until the job is complete? :)

-Chris

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom