Hull #1 Meet Hull #2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

menzies

Guru
Vessel Name
SONAS
Vessel Make
Grand Alaskan 53
Pulled into Big Majors to take a run to Staniel after the supply boat came in. Targeted an anchor spot right off the two beaches that don't have pigs so that we could take our pooch ashore when needed.

Slapped down the anchor. Took a look to my starboard and there was Grand Alaskan 53 hull #2 Mint Julep, to my hull # 1 Sonas.

I knew he was in the Exumas and there was a chance we could bump into each other, so here we are.

Attachments

• DSCF0422 (1440x681).jpg
    DSCF0422 (1440x681).jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 197
That's pretty cool!

And did you then just ignore each other or did you "speak" one another?

I believe its been said "Great minds travel the same path".

Fun circumstance!

And did you then just ignore each other or did you "speak" one another?

We had "spoken" previously over email when I had some questions on the boat.

This time, funnily enough, I spoke to his wife and Bob spoke to mine! When I went over he was down below having a nap, so spoke to his missus for a while. When he came over to Sonas I was on the beach refilling the dinghy tank from a gas can, so he chatted with my missus for a whle!

We are going to meet up in Elizabeth Harbour during the regattas at the end of April and compare boats!

Very cool! It would be interesting to tour each other's boats and note differences of how they do things, where they store things, etc different than you.

I'm way jealous of where you are. I love Staniel Cay.

Oh if you happen to see a boat names Lilliputian there, say hello. Very nice people!

Bob and Mint Julep were slip neighbors of mine at Cape Harbour Marina, in Cape Coral. Nice boat!

Those are some fine lines��

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom