Reconnecting Battery Switches

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bennett Schneider

Veteran Member
I could use some help with reconnecting battery cables to the battery switches on my 83 CC 291 w/twin 305k's. My understanding is this:
A positive cable goes from #1 terminal on the switch to the positive terminal on the battery.
Another positive goes from the #2 terminal on the switch to the starter.
These steps are identical on both switches.
There was also a cable that connected one switch to the other. Can anyone tell me which terminal this one connects to?
I'm thinking that this is the terminal that allows you to switch to "BOTH".
Last question: I read that the only other thing to be wired directly to the battery is a bilge pump. I'm thinking this should be connected to the common terminal on one of the switches. Is that correct?
Thanks for your help.

Ben:

With all due respect, I think you are whistling Dixie trying to do this yourself. You need to understand what these switches do rather than simply ask "should I connect to terminal x". If you understand how they work, the answer will be obvious.

Get a marine electrician to help you with this.

David

Not to mention it would be hard for us to know exactly what the switch is that you have.

Ben:

With all due respect, I think you are whistling Dixie trying to do this yourself. You need to understand what these switches do rather than simply ask "should I connect to terminal x". If you understand how they work, the answer will be obvious.

Get a marine electrician to help you with this.

David

:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom