Legitimized lurker

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brian_D

Hello all!
I've been lurking for a while and decided to come clean and join!

My wife and I are avid pleasure boaters, although our boating has been limited to inland rivers and lakes. We plan to purchase a trawler type vessel and do the loop as soon as we retire (current plan is 5 years - COME ON LOTTERY!!) with some time spent in the Bahamas as well.

We have the absolute pleasure of having friends with a DeFever who are always up for company and we join them whenever possible (next trip is to the Abacos). He calls me his engineer, as I've spent some time with him doing upgrades and repairs.

I'm looking to steal... um... borrow... as much knowledge about trawlers, systems, electronics, manufacturers and locations to go and use this information to refine the "list" of requirements for our boat.

I look forward to learning from all of you, and hopefully I can add some value along the line.

Thanks in advance for any advice (good or bad) that you all can share!

b

Welcome aboard

Welcome aboard. The knowledge on this forum is immense and that's why I joined. I'm not a trawlerer (is that a word???) but they kind folks on here are nice enough to let a non-trawler owner hang out with them.

Hello all!
I've been lurking for a while and decided to come clean and join!
We have the absolute pleasure of having friends with a DeFever who are always up for company and we join them whenever possible (next trip is to the Abacos). He calls me his engineer, as I've spent some time with him doing upgrades and repairs.
b

That's the absolute bestest way to 'own' a boat, for sure. :D Hang onto the relationship as long as possible. it's not free-loading if you really help out with maintenance and crew duties, and cough up for fuel now and then. :socool:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom