New name "Proud Mary" and a new story

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Proud Mary

Vessel Name
Proud Mary
Vessel Make
29 ft Prairie Coastal Cruiser
We are the new owners of Proud Mary formerly known as Una Mas. A 29 foot Prairie Trawler. This is my first entry and I'll try not to botch up the forum. We're in the process of getting the boat ready for the Great Loop or at least sea worthy for travel up and down the east coast as we become confident and bolder.

We have previously owned 17 to 21 ft runabouts with gas outboards. However, we have never owned a diesel boat with a single prop, rudder and a bow thruster. This should be interesting.

Welcome to the forum! Congratulations on the new boat. The adventure begins!

Ted

Welcome to this forum, and to Prairie ownership. There are a few of us here. Well, there are few of us ANYwhere, but enough here that any questions you have will probably be answered fairly quickly. I can't promise they'll be answered correctly, just quickly ;)

Anyway, the point is, don't ever be afraid to post a question here.

Welcome from Alaska- As our boats are somewhat similar, I know you will enjoy ownership. Fine craft from all that I have read. As stated, you will find joy and comfort on this site.
Al-Ketchikan

https://boats-from-usa.com/not-specified/prairie-boat-works-prairie-29-68512

That looks like a beautiful example of a Prairie 29. A lot of boat for its size. Well done.

Tell us about your plans to "make her mine". We're really good at finding new ways for you to spend your money. We're also good at worrying about things that really don't make a big difference. Then we'll argue for days about which LED is a better color tone. BTW, have you considered ER cameras? (One is NEVER enough!)

It's part of the sickness known as Trawler Trash Syndrome. You'll get used to it...

https://boats-from-usa.com/not-specified/prairie-boat-works-prairie-29-68512

That looks like a beautiful example of a Prairie 29. A lot of boat for its size. Well done.

Tell us about your plans to "make her mine". We're really good at finding new ways for you to spend your money. We're also good at worrying about things that really don't make a big difference. Then we'll argue for days about which LED is a better color tone. BTW, have you considered ER cameras? (One is NEVER enough!)

It's part of the sickness known as Trawler Trash Syndrome. You'll get used to it...

To make her mine we're replacing the original Windows, wall panels, galley, cabin sole and fuel tanks. Then we'll add a windlass and clean up the gel coat and teak trim. I think a few weeks, OK months of work is involved.

To make her mine we're replacing the original Windows, wall panels, galley, cabin sole and fuel tanks. Then we'll add a windlass and clean up the gel coat and teak trim. I think a few weeks, OK months of work is involved.

Call it years, rather than weeks or months, but hey, it's all meant to be part of the fun. Actually it is, because it was when I ran out of major projects to do on my boat I first starting thinking of selling her. I felt at a bit of a loose end with nothing to plot and plan for. Nothing I could justify anyway, let's say. :D

Call it years, rather than weeks or months, but hey, it's all meant to be part of the fun. Actually it is, because it was when I ran out of major projects to do on my boat I first starting thinking of selling her. I felt at a bit of a loose end with nothing to plot and plan for. Nothing I could justify anyway, let's say. :D

A honest statement!! Recently came to the conclusion that at my age, "Two Footids" had and has come to an end. The boat is complete with no additional needs, and so I--------- :banghead:Damn! hey, even though I don't travel at night, a new led light quad for night running would fit under the radar platform, Okay, THEN the boat will be complete.:lol::lol:

Al-Ketchikan

My thoughts exactly-I bought my '83 Atlantic 30 (Newer version of the Prairie 29) to see if I would like the trawler lifestyle and also have something to tinker with. I love piddling with boats. Running out of projects. ANYWAY!!
Welcome aboard and good luck with the adventure.

Welcome!!!! Great little boat. Enjoy the time.

Yeah. I'm debating changing fuel tanks as well. There's never a lack of projects. Some necessary. Some wish list. Post pics. (Of the boat!)

Welcome aboard. A solid boat with good bones for improvement projects.
We hope our Prairie 36 is ready for out "Loop" adventure next spring.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom