Getting Ready to Say Good Bye

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

David Rive

Vessel Name
currently boatless
Waterthrush was launched today, with the help of First Mate Katie (#1 daughter). She is under contract (the boat, not my daughter) and should have her sea trial in the next 2 weeks. Then she will be somebody else's boat, and Maria and I can go back to owning one boat! :)

David

Last edited:
The pic.

Attachments

• Waterthrush Launch.jpg
    Waterthrush Launch.jpg
    177 KB · Views: 236
Hope the sea trial goes well David. We will cross our fingers for you. I have been a two boat owner before and won't do it again. :thumb:

Congratulations! Fingers crossed for you.

Definition of insanity is owning 2 or more boats that require pilings around them.

Ted

You're right Ted. Now my second boat is a 17' kevlar canoe, but she doesn't need pilings. :thumb:

Hope the sea trial goes well David. We will cross our fingers for you. I have been a two boat owner before and won't do it again. :thumb:

Hi Alan. I am sure the sea trial will be fine. The boat sailed through the survey with no issues. The only problem will be to get through this summer while boatless, until we head south in October. Cheers.

Hi Alan. I am sure the sea trial will be fine. The boat sailed through the survey with no issues. The only problem will be to get through this summer while boatless, until we head south in October. Cheers.

Buy another boat. :angel:

Ted

Buy another boat. :angel:

Ted

My wife used to make comments like that to me...
She no longer dares!
Any time we have switched boats (twice) we have negoiated a trade in deal on the existing boat. I always have a pragmatic view of boat values and do not try holding out for the last dollar. Rather I look at the market, assess the cost of continued ownership and deduct 6 months costs from the value. Something along those lines anyway. Our boats are always very, very clean and well maintained so I never worry about the survey or sea trial. If something is not correct we fix it...
Now, purchasing a used boat is another matter entirely. No trades typically and then you have to figure a way out of the original boat.
These are some of the little challenges associated with boating.
Bruce

Not to bad to own two boats needing pilings. As long as you have one for sale!

Most I've had is two piling boats, two trailer boats and one inflatable o/b at same time.

Now I only have one piling boat and one trailer boat.

Seeking a bit improved trailer boat... but no rush. The correct one will show up!

27' trawler, 18' poulsbo skiff, 15 Norwegian lapstrake,12 'alum.skiff, 10'RIB, 8'inflatable, 7' sportyak. three trailers.:banghead::blush:

Al-Ketchikan

27' trawler, 18' poulsbo skiff, 15 Norwegian lapstrake,12 'alum.skiff, 10'RIB, 8'inflatable, 7' sportyak. three trailers.:banghead::blush:

Al-Ketchikan

41' trawler, 10'/20hp Bullfrog, 9' sailing Minto, 8' inflatable, 13' folbot, 17' folbot, 8' sup board <phew>.

Al-Ketchikan
Al, we should see a pic of your Poulsbo, probably a lot of folks here don't know what it is.

We currently have three, but two of them are 13' Boston Whalers and they don't need pilings.

Al, we should see a pic of your Poulsbo, probably a lot of folks here don't know what it is.

Puget-Don't post photos often enough to remember how. Below is the former thread where my boat is shown.

http://www.trawlerforum.com/forums/s37/smallest-trawler-owned-forum-member-12239.html

There is several post involved along with the history. Understand, our boat has been extensively modified from the original. I i can, I will seek out a more prominent site reflecting Poulsbo boats in original format.

Al

Adding a photo of a 'Proper Poulsbo skiff' under way.
http://www.evalbum.com/popupimg.php?20992

Last edited:
41' trawler, 10'/20hp Bullfrog, 9' sailing Minto, 8' inflatable, 13' folbot, 17' folbot, 8' sup board <phew>.

For got one!!!:facepalm:

14' double rowing wineglass -glass fixed seat werry :smitten:

Al

Thanks Al, she is a beaut! Used to be a bigger one yet down at the Wooden Boat Shop on Lake Union, where that photo you have is taken. It was IIRC 22' long with a PH. I had passion twitches for it, but it needed everything.

Thanks Al, she is a beaut! Used to be a bigger one yet down at the Wooden Boat Shop on Lake Union, where that photo you have is taken. It was IIRC 22' long with a PH. I had passion twitches for it, but it needed everything.

Yes, Roland constructed a very few larger craft than standard 16-18 footers. His later boats were more for outboards. Here is the site that I was looking for earlier in this thread. Lots of photos including several Trawler Site folks.

https://www.google.com/search?q=pou...UFMqdjAKJpID4AQ&ved=0CCkQsAQ&biw=1067&bih=538

Regards,
Al:flowers:

For got one!!!:facepalm:

14' double rowing wineglass -glass fixed seat werry :smitten:

Al

Oh yeah, oh yeah - I for got one too... if I dare call it a boat! Used to train petulant grand kids how to row. Coop took off in it thinking he was soooo smart at first try of rowing. 2 + knot current was passing by our anchored boat with breeze in same direction. Took him many minutes till by our yelled instructions he began to make headway back. We had runabout we could have jumped in to get him... but, experience is the best lesson. He was quite unpleased. Fire coming out of his young boy eyes once he made it back to the swim step! LOL :lol: Now he's 16 at 6'3". shopping for a car. I still have that air pressure trainer row boat stashed for the next contestant!

Attachments

• Coop in small floater.jpg
    Coop in small floater.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:
Wifey B: I'm confused. :confused: 2 boats is bad? Omg, I didn't know. I've been a very bad girl then. ;)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom