The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dochoppy

Hello all,
Been looking and dreaming for years and now on the verge of making the jump. Looking forward to any and all advise.. and to have some fun and make some new friends along our journey.

Welcome.

Tell us about how you envision using using the boat and where your cruising grounds might be.

Welcome to the forum! Enjoy the search for your boat.

Ted

Thanks everyone,
We are looking to live-aboard. As for what we envision, well of course it is everything that I am sure everyone else as thought about, the sun, fun and living a "free" life. However we know that there is a ton of work involved but also know that it will be well worth it to live how and where we want to. We have been researching for the past 5 years and looked at numberous boats. Had a Hatteras in our sights at the end of last year but did not pull the trigger and she got away. But where there is one there are more.
As for cruising grounds, mainly east coast, with runs to the Bahamas and the Exumas and have been looking into the great loop as well.
We have minimal experience in all of this. I have been catching up in the forum and saw where a lot of suggestions have been made to rent a MY or trawler. Is google the best starting point to find these places?
I know we will have a ton of questions as we go through this, and we are looking forward to any and all advise from the seasoned salts on here.

Thanks again

Welcome! Ask lots of questions, visit more boats and you will learn as you go. Read a lot here on TF too.

Most of all "Have FUN" in your search.

Back
Top Bottom