Lee marinization fl80

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Daniel420

I just got an older cheoy Lee 36 trawler with Lee marinization kits on fl80s. Anyone ever run across them before? 1491271733933.jpg1491271762615.jpg

There are boats here with Ford Lees engines, so probably there too. Apart from the ubiquitous Lehman,I think Bowman was another marinizer of the Ford engine.

Last edited:
I can confirm BruceK's comment on some Fords, amongst many other makes, being marinised by Bowman.
If anyone needs to contact them they are at ejbowman.co.uk they offer worldwide support through dealers and they're happy to ship direct worldwide..

Do you have any knowledge of interchange with bowman parts? Being that they are a Ford Dorset base engine, so ideally I can swap on more available bowman stuff when needed. Does anyone have a contact line for Lee's, I would like to use their parts if and when I need them.

Daniel

Can't help you on Lees, but American Diesel covers marinization and engine parts and pieces that should match all of your needs. They are an amazing group.

Bowman's certainly do make marinizing parts for the Ford Dorset engine.
Take a note of the engine serial number and plenty of photo's of your engine showing the Lees parts and contact them and they will help you if they can.
Another great source of all things Ford is Mike Bellamy of lancingmarine.com
(Mike used to race them).
Ford engines are still made in Turkey and Mike imports/exports them and has all the spares you need as well as various marinizing kits.
I hope this is helpful to you

Thanks, I love all the knowledge available in this forum. I never would have thought anyone would race an FL type engine.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom