View Single Post
Old 03-28-2017, 12:54 PM   #10
Shrew
TF Site Team

City: Westerly, RI
Vessel Name: N/A
Vessel Model: 1999 Mainship 350 Trawler
I apologize for not being clear. (MLW = Mean Low Water) which should be the average depth on a chart at low tide. I'm looking for the average depth at low tide for your dock (and approach).

.33 would be the height (in Feet) of the tide above MLW for that specific day for that specific low tide (2 lows per day). That means on that tide cycle, that low tide is .33 ft above normal.

The height of the high and low will vary from day to day. Some low tides are negative numbers, some are positive. (all high tides are positive numbers because they are based on the height above MLW). Last Sat. your area was -0.2 at Low. (roughly 2.4 inches lower than the normal low tide).

This kind of brings me to the point where I would personally be concerned. You're tide is already going to swing from 2-3 inches below normal low and above the normal low. If we're slicing and dicing 5-8 inches of draft (where the low tide already varies 4-6+ inches from tide to tide, then that would be too shallow for my comfort level.
Shrew is offline   Reply With Quote