New Member From Slidell Louisiana

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Deuce26

Mates,

Great forum. I've had this desire to get a trawler for years. Never pulled the trigger. Life's getting too short now. Other than running a flatboat around Lake Pontchartrain as a kid I have no boating experience. Where do I start? Everything is so overwhelming from boat handling to systems.

What I'm looking for to start are any boating class recommendations in my area and/or captains that may do private lessons in my area. Thanks.

Mates,

What I'm looking for to start are any boating class recommendations in my area and/or captains that may do private lessons in my area. Thanks.

Welcome aboard Deuce!
Start out by taking the N.O. Power Squadron courses on Lake P. Here you will meet people that have boats who are always looking for crew.
Taking privates should come after you purchase your boat. Have fun!

Welcome, Power Squadron is a good suggestion, also ask around at some of the marinas over there. There are a couple of the charter companies in SW Florida that offer courses.

Deuce26

Bonnie and I just bought our life dream of owning a trawler we also live on the north shore in lakeshore estates we have a 40ft DeFever Passagemaker looking forward to meeting you and I also would like to take a few classes we named our trawler Bonnie C’s ours was a fixer upper hobby lol so she’s work in progress lol

Last edited:
That’s amazing. Congratulations. I’m still sitting on the sideline. Seems like there is never enough time. I’ve heard great things about your Trawler. Let me know what you decide about those classes. I’d love to see your boat one day.

Rich
Richtonry@yahoo.com

Welcome to the forum. We are just getting started also.:popcorn:

IMG_0306.jpgIMG_0254.jpgIMG_0118.jpg

There really are quite a few. Some of us get together usually in January for a "Trawler Lunch" near Houma we bring pictures, charts, etc and talk about trawlers, maintenace, and cruising in trawlers. when it get nearer to the time I'll post some more information on the Cruising the Gulf coast section of this forum.
All welcome!!

Although my boat is registered on NOLA, I move around a lot and presently in Long Beach MS. Quite a few from LA here. I'm closer to Slidell than the Nola guys. LOL.

Welcome love Slidell Louisiana.

I am working everyday towards shoving off on my first voyage keeping it in my backyard helps I live in Lakeshore Estates

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom