Co-ordinance to Margaritaville

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Turner

I started asking questions before I introduced myself. I'm Joe, just crossed the finish line of my working career! Did what I had to do to do what I want to do! Taking my life back! My wife Eris and i just bought a Sundowner after months of looking, its on it's cross country journey from Bellingham, Washington to Biloxi, Ms. Really looking forward to cruising all over the Gulf Coast living the Jimmy Buffet lifestyle looking for the co-ordinants that will lead us to Margaritaville, have any of you found it yet? We like the feel of the folks on the trawler forum, already enjoying your company. Will be in touch!

5 o'clock somewhere Margaritaville

A while back I ran across the lyrical co-ordinance for Margaritaville, somewhere over there horizon, the place where it's always 5 o'clock, that's the Magaritaville we are looking for.

Don't ask me cause I'm a son of a son of a sailor looking for that cheeseburger in paradise.

Ted

I have the co-ordinates marked on my chartplotter and I will share.
Please send me a case of Kalik and one of Landshark to loosen my tongue.

You might try asking around on June 30 on Fiddler Cay in the Abaco's in the Bahamas. The Cheeseburger in Paradise Party is inspired by Jimmy and is a pretty surreal event attended by thousands on a deserted island. Great place to start your search

:socool:

Attachments

• stranged-naked.jpg
    stranged-naked.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 277
Welcome, Where will you keep the Sundowner?
Margaritaville, there are hundreds of them all along the Gulf Coast. Below is one of my favorites, Ft Mcree near Pensacola, nice and quiet during the week, if you like a crowd stay for the weekend.
I hope we'll see you out on the water one of these days.

Attachments

• Ft McRee Anchorage.jpg
    Ft McRee Anchorage.jpg
    137.2 KB · Views: 187
Looking for a fun weekend Margaritaville experience?

Bring your boat down to Bay Saint Louis one weekend and tie up in the harbor. Best time is on second Saturdays. Bands, street venders, loads of fun. You can rent a golf cart if you don't feel like walking. The harbor is right in the middle of everything.

This is actually where the Buffett video "Bama Breeze" was filmed.

The Cheeseburger in Paradise Party is inspired by Jimmy and is a pretty surreal event attended by thousands on a deserted island.

"attended by thousands on a deserted island."

:eek:

Unfortunately that is more and more what people's idea of "Margaritaville" has become. :rofl:

Fiddlers Cay in Abaco is a beautiful island that is deserted 364 days a year. In that one day there are plenty of people willing to answer the question "where is Margaritaville?" and I'm sure plenty of interesting answers will be offered.

Jimmy may have answered the question best at one of his concerts, "it's wherever you want it to be."

"attended by thousands on a deserted island."

:eek:

Unfortunately that is more and more what people's idea of "Margaritaville" has become. :rofl:

e90225df30c696c0208c345f8fef8aec983151d7.jpgNot far from his roots in Alabama....
Pirate's Cove right off of Wolf Bay.

To the OP: For clarification, are you asking for the coordinates, as in latitude/longitude?

Margaritaville is right here on the beach in Hollywood Florida and the Five O'Clock Somewhere bar is right across the street

Me standing there in 1986. :D

img_535645_0_42e80676d3792f9d802d249dacaf75a5.jpg

Buffett's college roommate lives on the ICW, not too far from Pirate's Cove. Buffett's been there a bunch.

Seems things haven't changed much in 30 years! Pier is in slightly better shape in '86! Looks like a Miller's ya holdin?

From one of our stops at Pirates Cove a couple of years ago. This gal came over and rested her chin on my leg and made sweet eyes at my burger. What could I do but give her half.
We anchored back in Roberts Bayou and spent the night well sheltered in a heck of a windstorm.

Attachments

• Pirates Cove Begging dog.jpg
    Pirates Cove Begging dog.jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 134
May I suggest Key West for a USA destination.
Any out island in the Bahamas that has a bar!

Fiddlers Cay in Abaco is a beautiful island that is deserted 364 days a year. In that one day there are plenty of people willing to answer the question "where is Margaritaville?" and I'm sure plenty of interesting answers will be offered.

Jimmy may have answered the question best at one of his concerts, "it's wherever you want it to be."

I just found it funny that an island covered with thousands of people would be described as "deserted". ?

Of course I also find it funny that people will "give it all up to get away from it all" only to flock together in large drunk groups in "paradise ". ?

Capt Bill 11

I ask myself the same question when I anchor at some deserted place and within a few hours there are boats anchored 30 feet away when the beach is .5 miles long. :banghead:

Bay St. Louis

Looking for a fun weekend Margaritaville experience?

Bring your boat down to Bay Saint Louis one weekend and tie up in the harbor. Best time is on second Saturdays. Bands, street venders, loads of fun. You can rent a golf cart if you don't feel like walking. The harbor is right in the middle of everything.

This is actually where the Buffett video "Bama Breeze" was filmed.

Bay St. Louis is going to be our first test run on our Sundowner. Good trip to get used to her, 20 miles or so from Point Cadet, Biloxi, where Mojo will be moored. Looking forward to cruising the Mississippi sound as our warm up for long cruises we have planned. Do you have a boat in the new marina there?

Welcome, Where will you keep the Sundowner?
Margaritaville, there are hundreds of them all along the Gulf Coast. Below is one of my favorites, Ft Mcree near Pensacola, nice and quiet during the week, if you like a crowd stay for the weekend.
I hope we'll see you out on the water one of these days.
Will be at Point Cadet marina in Biloxi is where Mojo will be moored. Ft. McGee sounds like a destination we would check out. Our wakes will likely cross.

We have stayed at Point Cadet often always enjoyed it. When the weather is nice Cat and Horn Islands are fine too.
We'll keep an eye out for the Mojo next time over that way.

I have to say that 2 years ago this thread would have sounded like a dream cruise to us. Thankfully we've spent this winter hitting all of the spots mentioned and I agree with all of them! We were at Ft. McRee for the Blue Angel homecoming to Point Cadet to BSL (when the tornado hit east New Orleans) and as far west as Houma for Mardi Gras. Every stop has been fantastic and a little taste of Margaritaville.

We're now in NOLA for the spring music fests but will be sure to stop back at Point Cadet and say hi to the crew of Mojo as we head east in early May. Always remember "it's anywhere you want it to be"!!

Bay St. Louis is going to be our first test run on our Sundowner. Good trip to get used to her, 20 miles or so from Point Cadet, Biloxi, where Mojo will be moored. Looking forward to cruising the Mississippi sound as our warm up for long cruises we have planned. Do you have a boat in the new marina there?

Yes, we keep ours there. We only live a few blocks away so it's pretty handy.

Congratulations on the boat and retirement.

I believe Margaritaville means something different to everyone. Mine would be anchored near a deserted Island somewhere in the Sea of Cortez (AKA Gulf of California) watching the sunset with a 12 volt DC blender.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom