Before and After

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Anode

Guru
Vessel Name
M/V Scout
Vessel Make
Sundowner Tug 30'
The first picture is a before. The others are after a little time, effort*and $$.

Getting closer but not there yet.

Attachments

• faux stack.jpg
    faux stack.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 102
  • windows.jpg
    windows.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 86
  • sdc10395.jpg
    sdc10395.jpg
    137.5 KB · Views: 77
  • sdc10285.jpg
    sdc10285.jpg
    154 KB · Views: 83
Nice!! did you replace the window frames or just paint them?

Wow!* She looks almost "showroom" like.

Every window in the boat was removed and replaced with new aluminum framed windows. All of the openings were glassed in before making templets for the new windows.

Attachments

• windows glassed.jpg
    windows glassed.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 77
Where did you get those windows made? Can you give me an idea on price?

Anode, I believe if your trawler could kiss you right now SHE WOULD! Very interested where you got your windows too. I have no need for doing anything to mine right now and I like their teak frames (for now!!) but would be curious where you got them made and how you spec'd them out.

Wooden window frames?* No thanks; not me. *You made*a sound*decision.

img_53552_0_5a1619e8ab54f7b5a2a6dceffd9e149e.jpg

WOW!!! Very nice work, Anode! Can't wait to see the interior.

It's funny because Bess and I both like the wood frame we see on Chuck's boat, but didn't want to have to custom fab them. Would like to at least get an estimate of custom windows before it's too late.

I like Anode's look though. Nice job.

Thanks folks! Scout is still a work in progress.

Lots of window fabricators out there but very few will weld up square cornered windows. Most bend radius corners.

I used WaterWaySystems. http://www.waterwaysystems.com/*. My contact was the owner Chuck. He was very responsive to all my questions via email and the phone calls besides making a very nice product. I think I may have drove him a bit crazy with all my questions.

I replaced all 14 windows in Scout. Three windshield (center tilts out).*Four *fixed pilothouse side windows. Two fixed pilothouse aft windows. Four sliding salon windows and one tilt salon aft window.* Windows were sized to fit the existing interior trim. Cost was a little under $8000 for the windows and shipping. Buying them was the easy part.

I also added two hatches to the pilothouse roof for additional ventilation.

Here's a couple more pictures.

Attachments

• windscreen.jpg
    windscreen.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 88
  • hatches.jpg
    hatches.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 78
Chip: She looks great! Well done.*

Who's and what size hatches did you install in the PH?* We are thinking about adding 2 small hatches*over our berth.* The PO put deck prisms in to let more light.*

Also what did you do for non-skid?*

-- Edited by Larry M on Thursday 23rd of June 2011 06:22:25 AM

The hatches are Bomar and are approximately 10"x10". I bought the pair, new in the box on Ebay for $80.

I sanded*off all of the original non-skid. It was on the salon and ph roofs. I reglassed all of these areas and sanded smooth. The ph roof was left smooth as non-skid is hard to keep clean and I didn't need up there anyway on a routine basis.

I used Interlux Perfection on the boat and added their Intergrip to the paint for the non-skid on the Salon roof. All the original teak decks are gone and decks reglassed. The non-skid on the decks is also the Intergrip/Perfection.

Here's a shot of the non-skid.

Attachments

• non-skid.jpg
    non-skid.jpg
    179.6 KB · Views: 76
Wow, Chip. That is impressive work, Can't be a cleaner tug around than that one.

healhustler wrote:
Wow, Chip. That is impressive work, Can't be a cleaner tug around than that one.
*That's 'cause it ain't in da' wadda! ;-)

Tell us about the reglassing part!!*

Must be nice having*her home where you can wwork on her.* And covered to boot.

That is the thing about boats. A good hull and motor and you can make them as good as new or better as in your case.

SD

Bess - the reglassing part - sand, fill, sand, fare (fair), sand, fare (fair), sand, sand some more, lay glass mat, wet out matt, sand, wet matt, sand, fare, sand, prime, sand, prime, sand, paint, sand, paint, sand, paint, drink a bottle of wine and enjoy.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom