How was YOUR Father's Day weekend?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Woodsong

Guru
Vessel Make
Bayliner 4550 Pilothouse
Ours was great!! *It was topped off by my 8 year old son docking our trawler for the first time all on his own (with me coaching nearby). *

Pics and story on our blog at www.trawlerlivinglight.blogspot.com as I am too lazy to upload again. *
biggrin.gif

It was a gorgeous day, though we spent it on boat projects. Including getting diesel out of the bilge after slightly over filling one tank.

added photos of pumping diesel out of the bilge (yes we were quick to catch it from being an environmental disaster!!) and sewing the fly curtains for the doors.

-- Edited by Pineapple Girl on Wednesday 22nd of June 2011 02:16:36 PM

Attachments

• pg ii 036.jpg
    pg ii 036.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 54
  • pg ii 011.jpg
    pg ii 011.jpg
    158.8 KB · Views: 59
It was a gorgeous day, though we spent it on boat projects. Including getting diesel out of the bilge after slightly over filling one tank.

Good planning , having the overflow stay aboard.

If it hit the water instead you might have been paying a $10K fine and enjoying the shower time with other inmates.

Mine was great. We motored from Mystic to Napatree (Watch Hill, RI) in pea soup fog so now our skills are once agian updated for the 2011 season
biggrin.gif

Fog cleared out around 2 pm then it was gorgeous weather, totally flat calm sat night.* Had lots of time to learn the new dink and engine and played with the portable Humminbird which worked really well. Navigated into the new entrance to "the kitchen" which is totally changed from previous years due to winter storms, and did some other exploring. *Got some nice "beach prizes" too.

on saturday we went and picked up our (new to us) used toy.
13 ft Novurania RIB with a 40HP o/b.
Our marina (Alamitos bay in Long Beach) is very large, it has a canal system going around the Isle of Naples so we did some touring in the new rib, had good friends over as well.
Good food and drinks were enjoyed in the evening.

Took some friends from Michigan out for a boat ride. Went to a place called Culross bay saw A humpback Whale, Sealion, Otters and Bald Eagles.

Did a little fishing.

and enjoyed a nice single malt

SD

Tight.
ashamed.gif

Attachments

• chip in bowels.jpg
    chip in bowels.jpg
    191.2 KB · Views: 64
I spend the week end in the emergency room with my dad, who is 94.* Monday moved to Intensive Care.* Was discharged yesterday.* As for boating we have been out in the dink a few times but the big ugly boat has not left the dock, as its been to cold and rain to take down the canvas.* I did manage to wash the big ugly boat and get most of the dirt streaks off so it looks white instead of gray.**As the years roll by it gets later and later, 30+ years of boating and 14 years*live aboard!**Been there, done that, don't really need to*rush to do it again!*****

We spent father's day tied to a friend's dock across from Madeira Park (Pender Harbour) at the start of a trip to Desolation Sound. So it was pretty good.

We were planing on going to the boat for the weekend but instead we ended up in Atlantic City, NJ for my wife's younger*sisters funeral.* Way to young at 56 years old.

Just a little friendly advice to everyone.* When heart*disease runs in your family, the Doc's aren't kidding when they say you might get it.* And when they tell you to quit smoking because you are going to die from it soon, they are sometimes correct.* She was proof that it is not worth the*the odds that they will not be right.

As with Phil not the best of father's days by no means.

JD wrote:
We were planing on going to the boat for the weekend but instead we ended up in Atlantic City, NJ for my wife's younger*sisters funeral.* Way to young at 56 years old.

Just a little friendly advice to everyone.* When heart*disease runs in your family, the Doc's aren't kidding when they say you might get it.* And when they tell you to quit smoking because you are going to die from it soon, they are sometimes correct.* She was proof that it is not worth the*the odds that they will not be right.

As with Phil not the best of father's days by no means.
*JD, Condolences to you and especially your wife---too young indeed.* Your advice is spot on.* I will add that a regime of regular check ups and tests should also be followed.* Having a little experience with that, I can tell you it is vitally important.* Hope your next father's day is much happier.

Vinnie - We missed you.* So sorry about your loss.

See you soon!!

Back
Top Bottom