Electric Trawler

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Was there a gap in geologic time where trees didnt grow and shed leaves and animals werent born lived and died ???? Why do you think oil is not replinishing ??? No energy is ever lost it just changes form .

A lot of energy is converted to heat which finds its way to outer space. Thus lots of energy is lost from the planet and does not subscribe to energy conservation.

Electric trawler?
Who would want one.
Marin would'nt want one. He did'nt think smaller engines made commanding enough sounds .. not to mention good vibes.
I don't think I'd want one either.

Electric trawler?
Who would want one.
Marin would'nt want one. He did'nt think smaller engines made commanding enough sounds .. not to mention good vibes.
I don't think I'd want one either.

HOW BOUT IF IT COST 1/2 AS MUCH TA RUN $$$ !!!

You could always have a sound track for motor noise. Marin could have a "Blow-Up" balloon in the engine compartment resembling a motor for show and tell! :dance:

Art,
Willy only costs about $3.00 an hour for fuel so that would make it $1.50 an hour. Less than two bucks Art. I'm poor and that dos'nt even phase me.

HOW BOUT IF IT COST 1/2 AS MUCH TA RUN $$$ !!!

You could always have a sound track for motor noise. Marin could have a "Blow-Up" balloon in the engine compartment resembling a motor for show and tell! :dance:

:thumb::smitten::popcorn:

Just got back from Equador and Panama where I saw an advert for "seawater batteries" for use with solar power generation. See attached article. May be the future for boating??
Lithium Sea Water Batteries

Interesting technology. That company is headquartered right near Balt MD
Teledyne Energy Systems
Corporate Headquarters

10707 Gilroy Road
Hunt Valley, MD 21031

I have a stepson that chose to study physics in college. I kept stressing the importance of solving the energy stowage technologies (but he chose a different physics). If we can find ways to effectively store energy, we can make use of that TREMENDOUS solar energy we are bombarded with on a daily basis,...and put an end to utilizing the burning of fossil fuels for energy.

Interesting technology. That company is headquartered right near Balt MD
Teledyne Energy Systems
Corporate Headquarters
10707 Gilroy Road
Hunt Valley, MD 21031

I have a stepson that chose to study physics in college. I kept stressing the importance of solving the energy stowage technologies (but he chose a different physics). If we can find ways to effectively store energy, we can make use of that TREMENDOUS solar energy we are bombarded with on a daily basis,...and put an end to utilizing the burning of fossil fuels for energy.

Very True.

I am deep into harnessing solar energy; by propriety means of 24/7 combining that energy with mass airflow for electric energy production. Elon Musk's (think Tesla) current storage packs (trademarked, "Powerwalls") have 18% loss of out put compared to input. That is a loss factor that needs to be reduced. There expense is steep and duration-life limited. Additionally, his storage packs have explosion problems that when they are enlarged to commercial scale could become a BIG problem wherever they may short out and go BOOM. All in all, electric energy storage is required; breakthroughs are needed.

Nothing mentioned above regarding my SolarAir(TM) mass airflow operation has to do with photovoltaic panels, articulated mirror "Solar Power Tower" i.e. heliostats, or Parabolic Troughs...etc

Via combinations with others' CO2 Direct Air Capture devices our mass airflow energy not only annually creates multi MW electricity... we can then also also pull utility scale CO2 out of atmosphere. Via processes, CO2 can be turned into syngas which can be made into fungible/drop-in diesel, gasoline, and jet fuel. Full-Cycle process can become globally available wherein the exhaust from the over one billion liquid hydrocarbon combustion engines will only emit carbon neutral exhaust, as compared to fossil fuel carbon positive exhaust. This is extremely important factor for continued good of Earth's climate/ecosystem.

Much more occurring on this all... than could ever be put into a post. Hope I gave you an energy-creation base regarding new-sources to dwell upon.

Happy Global-Energy Daze! - Art :D

Last edited:
"Full-Cycle process can become globally available wherein the exhaust from the over one billion liquid hydrocarbon combustion engines will only emit carbon neutral exhaust, as compared to fossil fuel carbon positive exhaust. This is extremely important factor for continued good of Earth's climate/ecosystem."

An increase in world population with no growth in plant food (Co2) will mean increased food productivity will require GMO,

which is feared by a small but vocal segment of coastal society.

Was there a gap in geologic time where trees didnt grow and shed leaves and animals werent born lived and died ???? Why do you think oil is not replinishing ??? No energy is ever lost it just changes form .

Indeed there seems to be. Most carbon fuels seem to have been laid down in specific time intervals called the Carboniferous eras. that is part of the reason that coal oil and gas deposits are not spred uniformly but in layers and posckets allowing collection.

And yes there was also a mass die off where most living things perished known as the permian extinction.

Indeed there seems to be. Most carbon fuels seem to have been laid down in specific time intervals called the Carboniferous eras. that is part of the reason that coal oil and gas deposits are not spred uniformly but in layers and posckets allowing collection.

And yes there was also a mass die off where most living things perished known as the permian extinction.

Now - Picture Planet Earth as a living body that spent billions of years systematically/very-slowly "sequestering" [putting deep underground] the trillions of tons carbon from the death of its carbon-filled surface-living things. That is what formed the oil wells, coal mines, natural gas deposits... etc.

Then think of this living body [i.e. Earth] suddenly having a fairly smart species [i.e. humans] realize that the billions years sequestered "fossil" fuel carbon remains can be excavated and burned for energy source.

Then - Please Realize - That Earth's entire climate, ecological system cannot handle the sudden [over last 100 yrs.] influx of exhaust coming into atmosphere and waters that humans have and are and will continue to deliver. - Therein Lays the Crux of the Problem! :facepalm:

Gotta go - Biz calls. More later!! :dance:

1. "- Picture Planet Earth as a living body that spent billions of years systematically/very-slowly "sequestering" [putting deep underground] the trillions of tons carbon from the death of its carbon-filled surface-living things. That is what formed the oil wells, coal mines, natural gas deposits... etc."

That's one THEORY, there are others,

1. Scientists Prove Abiotic Oil Is Real! - viewzone.com

viewzone.com/abioticoilx.html

Abiotic Oil. The abiotic oil formation theory suggests that crude oil is the result of naturally occurring and possibly ongoing geological processes.

1. "- Picture Planet Earth as a living body that spent billions of years systematically/very-slowly "sequestering" [putting deep underground] the trillions of tons carbon from the death of its carbon-filled surface-living things. That is what formed the oil wells, coal mines, natural gas deposits... etc."
That's one THEORY, there are others,

1. Scientists Prove Abiotic Oil Is Real! - viewzone.com

viewzone.com/abioticoilx.html
Abiotic Oil. The abiotic oil formation theory suggests that crude oil is the result of naturally occurring and possibly ongoing geological processes.

OK Fred - I read the entire link. Thanks for providing it.

Lets say that during billions of years of Earth's natural procedures for utilizing "Fossilized Remains" of carbon filled life forms and / or chemically pressure-creating "Abiotic Oil" are the result of oil wells, coal veins, natural gas deposits... etc.

Fact remains crystal clear that during the last 100 years the Earth's atmosphere and oceans have become grossly overloaded with to much human created increased exhaust from the burning of carbon rich fuels (how they were originally/naturally created deep underground is of no real concern). BTW, from studies I've read I've always held that crude oil is not going to run out... at least not before we choke our planet [and ourselves] to death by burning too much of it.

Scientific proof is that the globe is warming due to our non-stop, ever increasing anthropogenic created fuel exhaust incessantly spewed into the atmosphere. In addition, it is proven that atmospheric contained CO2 from the exhaust is the "climate warming" solar-heat-attracting instigator that activates numerous "feed-ons"; further increasing the speed/scale of this warming process.

Soooo... to thwart global warming [before it is too late to stop unprecedented/untenable climate alterations] and still continue using the over a billion liquid hydrocarbon fueled combustion engines that make our daily lives possible... we need to now create and make use of a new fuel source that produces carbon neutral exhaust, not carbon positive exhaust.

This can be done by separating the atmosphere overload of CO2 and turning it back into fungible/drop-in liquid hydrocarbon fuels, i.e. Diesel, Gasoline and Jet fuel. Result of "reusing" the CO2 contained in atmosphere creates a Full-Cycle Liquid Fuel Procedure. Wherein, as CO2 is separated from atmosphere and made into liquid hydrocarbon fuels the exhaust from combustion engines burning that fuel put it back into atmosphere. And, around, and around it goes. WITHOUT any new carbon positive increase to atmosphere from vehicle exhausts that use this new-source fuel. Ramifications of this turns the crude oil fuel industry on its ear... but... it is all necessary to stop Earth's climate from in the not too distant future [in the mid to end of our 21st Century] becoming inhospitable to many life forms - humans included.

That's a simple as I can say it. There is much greater depth to this globally developing story. I will spend rest of this weekend and Monday morning getting ready for a Report Documentary filming 6:30 Monday eve, 3/13/17; in which I've been asked to provide a 30 minute presentation.

Cheers! - Art

Last edited:
"Wherein, as CO2 is separated from atmosphere and made into liquid hydrocarbon fuels the exhaust from combustion engines burning that fuel put it back into atmosphere. And, around, and around it goes. WITHOUT any new carbon positive increase to atmosphere from vehicle exhausts that use this new-source fuel"

Cant wait to see the Co2 catch can mounted on a 787., or the F-35

I'm no student of this stuff but have wondered...what was the trigger / mechanism that caused the ice age?
I'm sure it wasn't man refraining from burning hydrocarbons but what was it?

I'm no student of this stuff but have wondered...what was the trigger / mechanism that caused the ice age?

Run "Milankovitch cycles" through your favorite search engine. Basically, it postulates cyclical changes in solar radiation due to long-term changes in Earth's orbital parameters.

So Art, are you planning on terminating the use of your "carbon positive exhaust" water craft?

Ted

It will work fine if your fold out wings are big enough and if your battery bank is big enough to keep you going when the sun isn't shining. All you need to consider is the power requirements for the vessel you have in mind (including its wings and battery bank), and the speed / sea conditions in which you wish to travel, vs. the power generation capability of your solar cells. Good Luck.

So Art, are you planning on terminating the use of your "carbon positive exhaust" water craft?

Ted

Hi Ted

Nope - No termination of any combustion engines planned what so ever!

Just making it so that our power boats, cars, trucks, planes, generators, trains, busses... etc ... in relation/reality to this full-cycle, new-fuel-source method will release carbon neutral exhausts; rather than carbon positive exhausts - as had been the norm since creation of liquid hydrocarbon fuel burning engines and the excavation of ground-source fossil fuels.

You should experience no difference in performance and fill-up at same fuel docks. BTW - Our new fuels will be fungible and drop-in compatible with fossil fuels. This fuel will be "real" fuel contents... i.e. not ethanol based. That item should put a smile on many faces, it does mine!

The billion plus combustion engines that are in existence (with thousands more being built every day) currently burning carbon rich liquid fossil fuels should run same as always. Difference in the fuel being burned will be that its source will be derived from base product of CO2 separated from atmosphere. This process creates a full-cycle fuel replenishment system that when used thwarts the addition of more CO2 being pumped into atmosphere... i.e. this all means - rather than fossil fuel pumped from oil wells which is a one way procedure amounting to ever increased polluting-exhaust with no cyclical [i.e. recycling / full-cycle] feature at all. Man, the oil giants are currently looking sideways at me and my cohorts [we're a multi pronged silent conglomerate]. Big Oil cos should be [will become] happy! This new system can increase their companies' energy production opportunities many fold. Don't forget - they have the money for expansion... we're just bringing another liquid hydrocarbon fuel source onto the table. And it's replenishable as well as climate/environment FRIENDLY!

Now I must spend rest of my time today/tomorrow making ready for 30 minute report being filmed tomorrow eve - about my utility scale SolarAir(TM) Tower-Chimney mass airflow invention and the "green" energy end-products my apparatus will self create as well as to help to create by associating with [utilizing in combination] others' products. Most of my design items are still being held in trade secret abeyance. This will be the first public release of any info regarding my SolarAir(TM) apparatus/product. :D

Been deeply invested [my time and my capital] in planning, designing, creating, building this scene since early 1990's. Wish me luck... I need it!! :thumb:

Cheers - We're All On Planet Earth's - Candid Lifestyle! - Art :dance:

Last edited:

My theory? Multiple triggering mechanisms, acting independently of each other, which when happening concurrently generate enough cumulative effect to trigger an ice age, and then off we go!

The usual suspect is the cold, ocean bottom southerly Greenland current relationship with the warm, ocean surface northerly Gulf Stream which cycles warm tropical waters to north western Europe. Cut that off and things get chilly quick.

This year however, we have the massive warm water Pacific Blob's effect on the jet stream which has pushed the typical weather systems south.

Here on north coast BC it's been downright spooky...one cold snap after another, clear cold skies, and strong northerly outflow winds. Vancouver got our snow and California got Vancouver's rain.

It wouldn't take too many winters like this to start a "localized ice age" in the Coast Mountains. I've seen avalanche chutes still holding snow on the floors of narrow valleys around here well into the next years fall...and that was during regular summers and winters. Wouldn't take too long for the side valleys to fill in and then start oozing into the main valleys at all if you string together a couple hundred cold winters.

Add a bunch of those localized conditions together across the globe until the tipping point is reach, and it's a global ice age.

If correct, my theory holds the ironic potential of describing how humanly nudged global warming (climate change) could trigger at least a mini ice age in the Coast Mountains of BC.

Hard to predict future events in a system you do not fully comprehend!

I figure there is just too many people, too many fatties in one location. Take a couple of billion of 'em and spread them out all over the planet instead of letting 'em cluster in cities and the earth will stop wobbling. Imagine if you took all those people in New Orleans or Dallas and you made a rule that each one couldn't be closer than a km from his neighbour? No more wobble, plus, no more colds and we'd all just be perfectly comfortable. In fact, anyone have Al Gore's phone number? I'll get right on it.

Art, I wish you and your project well. We need lots of new ideas to be developed and pursued.

I did the sums on Tesla battery's running a house and what worried me was by the time they hit payback there was a bigger chance they would need replacing so I gave it a miss along with the realestate valuation advice the panels would reduce the home value by $60000 because of there ugleyness And if I moved house in 5 years it wold be no $$$ what so ever Back to smelly coal for me

Art,

Are you competing in the X-prize?

NRG COSIA Carbon XPRIZE Home Page

Those things can get squirrely once you sign up. They want to own some stringent rights to your items, just for being allowed into the competition... well before winner is chosen. Pages and pages of fine print. Sequestration is what they're primarily after. Full-Cycle use as fuel, editable plant life growth expeditor and refrigeration is what I want to provide. Sequestration [depositing and then containing CO2 underground - in salt mines and the like] is costly to accomplish and pretty much a dead end street for initial capitalization/income via sales - good storage for CO2 to be later used to create products... but why wait!! Sequestered CO2 could be used as trade off for certain pollution prone corporations to purchase "carbon credits" by financing the sequestration syndromes.

That said, sequestration will also come into play as this all evolves into more 21st Century decades. We're early-on at this time. Unfortunately, to a large extent still spinning our wheels - so to say... doing our best to gain traction!

But, once traction get a good, firm grip - Annie Bar the Doors! :D

Last edited:
Art, I wish you and your project well. We need lots of new ideas to be developed and pursued.

Thanks, Dave

BTW - Auto Thanks link at right hand bottom of posts has not worked for me for well over a month. Others having same problem??

I figure there is just too many people, too many fatties in one location. Take a couple of billion of 'em and spread them out all over the planet instead of letting 'em cluster in cities and the earth will stop wobbling. Imagine if you took all those people in New Orleans or Dallas and you made a rule that each one couldn't be closer than a km from his neighbour? No more wobble, plus, no more colds and we'd all just be perfectly comfortable. In fact, anyone have Al Gore's phone number? I'll get right on it.

And scientists thought the wobbling slow down of the Earths rotation was due to how much fresh water has been dammed up in reservoirs in the northern hemisphere. Gotta get those down under types to super-size their fries more often!!

Last edited:
Thanks, Dave

BTW - Auto Thanks link at right hand bottom of posts has not worked for me for well over a month. Others having same problem??

Works for me. The problem with it is that I never notice if someone has sent me a thanks. Maybe I don't have the settings in my profile configured properly to be notified? I am sure that folks think I am just ignoring their gracious thank you's.

How wrong you are. The best thing to do with the billions of humans is to pack them tightly in cities. Toward the city you provide fuel, electricity, food, merchandise, and money. Out from the city you get smoke, garbage, pee and poop.

Meanwhile, with all the humans packed in the cities, the rural areas can revert to more natural conditions. Trees and grasslands thrive where there used to be humans. Farms exist and thrive where needed to support the cities. Since cities do not want industry anymore, those locate out to the hinterlands, but that is ok too.

Last thing you want to do is spread the humans all over the place. They do much less damage if you keep them packed in tight in a small area.

Back
Top Bottom