Autopilot

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
highly recommend the ComNav unit... Support is very good

Looking at their website, its not clear what unit serves what use, and no prices. Which unit do you have?

solid , dependable Auto pilots. Really good company support and thousands of them out on the coasts working day in day out. If you need a bullet proof dependable , no frills AP, this should be considered.

For over ten years I have had my sailboat plotter feed way points to my autopilot. When we are in really poor viability situations, and I am on a known track to a known marker, this will hold my destination track perfectly ensuring safe passage. If I were just using it to hold a heading I could easily be on a parallel course right over shallow waters or rock outcrops. It can be a pain to make the units interface but once done you will love it.

For over ten years I have had my sailboat plotter feed way points to my autopilot. When we are in really poor viability situations, and I am on a known track to a known marker, this will hold my destination track perfectly ensuring safe passage. If I were just using it to hold a heading I could easily be on a parallel course right over shallow waters or rock outcrops. It can be a pain to make the units interface but once done you will love it.
:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Always easier to interface garmins to garmins or raymarines to raymarines.... Always.

usually with older units...NMEA 0183...it's only a couple of wires and it is easy once you know the correct 2 wires from one unit and the correct 2 wires from the other....

really cant short anything out unless you accidently use the power wire.

Looking at their website, its not clear what unit serves what use, and no prices. Which unit do you have?

I have the 1001 unit-very simple and robust.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom