Increasing ethanol % in marine gasoline?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JDCAVE

Guru
Vessel Name
Phoenix Hunter
Vessel Make
Kadey Krogen 42 (1985)
I extracted this from a TD Waterhouse action note on Alimentation Couche Tard (a company that has the largest convenience store presence in the US):
"...Conflicting press reports have surfaced suggesting, then denying, that President Trump is planning to sign an executive order that would move the point of obligation for renewable-fuel compliance downstream from refiners to blenders. The move apparently has the backing of the Renewable Fuels Association (the trade group representing ethanol producers) as it appears to have negotiated concessions that increase ethanol usage..."

It's the latter part of the statement that is concerning. Not sure if this will have implications on the % ethanol in marine gasoline.

Jim

Trump said he was going to enforce the EPA mandate for blending when he was campaigning (in Iowa or Nebraska), which has not met its target to date. IIRC the amount of fuel blending is around half of what is supposed to be blended. I recall this from our company news brief one morning.

BTW Jim, you just told a bunch of Americans that their convenience stores are owned by a Canadian company!

BTW Jim, you just told a bunch of Americans that their convenience stores are owned by a Canadian company!
Yes, I believe most of the Canadian Banks own some of the US banking operations down there as well.

Jim

Trump said he was going to enforce the EPA mandate for blending when he was campaigning (in Iowa or Nebraska), which has not met its target to date.

True, but I also recall candidate Trump saying that he had a GREAT health care plan ready as well as a secret plan to wipe out ISIS. Still waiting on both of those....

Not getting into a debate of the merits of the President or whatever he decides, one thing we must keep in mind is that rather than these things go through a lot of discussion and congress, he really likes to do it with Executive Orders, much like the EPA order on coal. So, it's good just to be on the alert that something could happen quickly and we might not know in advance the potential consequences. Or it might fall totally out of his attention.

Does what Trump says actually mean something now?

He promised everything but purple flying saucers in his address. And did'nt mention any means of getting any of it short of raiding other sources.

All of this ethanol stuff is nonsense and the sooner it's eliminated the better.

Last edited:
Greetings,
Mr. NW. "All of this ethanol stuff is nonsense..." I fully agree but tell that to the very powerful corn lobby. Growing food to run cars is beyond nonsense.
I seem to recall a proposal for Vermont maple syrup producers to ferment corn and use their evaporators to produce ethanol in the off season to augment their income AND the fuel supply. Suuure...Can you spell moonshine, er spillage? All government subsidized of course.

. "All of this ethanol stuff is nonsense..." I fully agree but tell that to the very powerful corn lobby. Growing food to run cars is beyond nonsense.

So true but its not just the farmers that gain from burning food.

Every state collects "gas tax" moneys .

As ethanol lowers MPG by as much as its content in the gas , inflicting a 10% tax on the voters , while pounding their chest as enviro healers is done in every state.

Follow the money,,,,,as always.

"He promised everything but purple flying saucers in his address. And did'nt mention any means of getting any of it short of raiding other sources."

Dumping useless Fed spending is a great source of funds.

Do we require 75 fed agency jobs programs?
Millions spent promoting "organic" food of lower nutritional value?

Loosing the Dept of "Education" , and EPA will only be missed bu Heathrers 2 mommies, and a bunch of buroRats.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom