Contacting moderators?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
How does one contact the moderators? I'm aware of the "report this" links, but this is not related to a particular post. I send an inquire via the "contact us" at the bottom of the screen, and got a reply back saying it was the web master and to send a private message to any of the moderators "who's names are in bold when on line". And where would that be? I don't recall off-hand who the moderators are. It seems you need to know who they are in order to contact them? Hopefully there is some stupid simple answer and I'm looking right at it.

Peter B
user_online.gif

TF Site Team

Feel free to PM me.

TF site team

Scroll right down the page you get after logon. At the bottom you`ll see a list of everyone online and who was in an earlier period. Mods are highlighted in bold. They don`t need to be online to PM them, they get an email.

Let me ask it differently. Shouldn't there be an easy and obvious way to contact one or more moderators?

At the bottom of the forum list you will see a link to "View Forum Leaders" (first screen capture), click on it and you will see a list of them (second screen capture)
You will see a "send PM" button on the right side.

Hope this is what you are looking for........:thumb:

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    145.9 KB · Views: 105
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 89
How does one contact the moderators? I'm aware of the "report this" links, but this is not related to a particular post. I send an inquire via the "contact us" at the bottom of the screen, and got a reply back saying it was the web master and to send a private message to any of the moderators "who's names are in bold when on line". And where would that be? I don't recall off-hand who the moderators are. It seems you need to know who they are in order to contact them? Hopefully there is some stupid simple answer and I'm looking right at it.

The ID is there in our avatars Twisted. See under mine, it says TF Site team. That's us, the moderators. But off the top of my head, the go, in no particlar order...Flywright, jwnall, Larry M, dimer2, Pineapple Girl, ksanders, dwhatty, moi, and admin Mod, Janet H, and if I forgot someone, humblest apologies guys. Oh yes, sorry Bay Pelican and Baker. How could I forget Baker..? He started this forum. :facepalm:

We can be PM'd the same way anyone else is. But remember we cannot discuss moderation issues, even in PMs.

PS. I must confess even I didn't know about clicking on 'Forum Leaders' link at the bottom of the home page, so thereyuhgo... :D. Thanks rochepoint Mike

Last edited:
I got my message sent, and don't want to make a big deal out of this, but consider this scenario:

Yes, if I'm reading a thread i can look at each poster and see who is a moderator. But I don't commit that lis to memory. There just isn't enough shelf space in my brain. So on a day to day basis, I have no idea who the moderators are. If I could name one i'd be surprised. And I expect I'm not alone.

If I'm reading a thread and find a particular issue with a post, I can report that post. I can do the same from a members avatar as well. That probably covers a lot of cases where a member would like to contact a moderator.

Now consider any other time a member wants to contact a moderator. To find one, I need to either

1) step through the multi page list of members until I find one.

2) start reading random threads until I come across someone who is a mod,

3) go to the thread index and look under whatever that menu is - see, I already forgot - to find a moderator. How would I know to go look there?

My natural instinct is to go look for the contacts page, which I did. But that contacts someone else. Another selection there to "contact. Moderator" would provide a simple place that people are well trained to use. There may be other places that would be good too.

Anyway, just my two cents.

The ID is there in our avatars Twisted. See under mine, it says TF Site team. That's us, the moderators. But off the top of my head, the go, in no particlar order...Flywright, jwnall, Larry M, dimer2, Pineapple Girl, ksanders, dwhatty, moi, and admin Mod, Janet H, and if I forgot someone, humblest apologies guys.

We can be PM'd the same way anyone else is. But remember we cannot discuss moderation issues, even in PMs.

Bonjour Pierre. It seems that you omitted your fellow countryman Bruce (Bruce K), unless Moderator Emeritus would mean Retired Moderator? Just a Newbie's question :)

Bonjour Pierre. It seems that you omitted your fellow countryman Bruce (Bruce K), unless Moderator Emeritus would mean Retired Moderator? Just a Newbie's question :)

Yes, Pilou. He was a moderator but chose to retire. Hence the title, as you deduced. :)

If I'm reading a thread and find a particular issue with a post, I can report that post. I can do the same from a members avatar as well. That probably covers a lot of cases where a member would like to contact a moderator.

That covers all cases, not just a lot of cases. Just do the report and in your message explain that you are not reporting an issue with the post but rather using it as a vehicle to contact a moderator. That is far and away the easiest and most efficient way to do it.

@ twistedtree

I think Rochepoint has the best solution. I'll go one step further.

1) Go to the main page where the list of sub-forums is located.

2) Scroll to the very, very bottom (below rochepoint's screenshot)

3) Locate the "Total members that have visited the forum in the last 24 hours"

4) Identify the UserNames which are in boldface.

Most Moderators logon daily. There are multiple mods to cover timezones, vacation, travel, etc.

I'm a moderator on a different web site. Technically that site is much, much smaller than this one, I'm the only moderator. While many know that I'm the moderator, many don't as well.

Personally, If I needed to contact a moderator, I'd also simply do exactly what you did. Post in a 'Forum Help' section calling for a moderator. When one responds, then take the discussion offline to a PM. That moderator will share internally and discuss amongst themselves to arrive at a quorum (if necessary).

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom