Old 03-01-2017, 12:34 AM   #57
aevdg
Veteran Member

City: Channel Islands
Vessel Name: White Knuckles
Vessel Model: Kadey Krogen 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyWright View Post
Never mind....I forgot one detail...I'm married.
Well. . I guess that's ok. I am too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
I chose our new-to-us boat - its a Kadey Krogen 42. I LOVE it. He gets to have the engine room, pilot house and foredeck all his way - and I get the rest. I think that the most important thing to understand is to clearly delineate who is in charge of what. He docks the boat and I handle the lines. It is my job to have the lines all organized for docking while he concentrates on getting the boat up to the dock so I can step off with the spring line in my hand. When we are docking, I am the one checking to see how far we are away from the dock, is his approach angle correct. We don't question each other - I am in charge of my stuff and he is in charge of his. He cannot see exactly where the boat is in relation to the dock - and with the KK it is going to be even harder - he needs me to be his eyes. Talk out with her on who is going to do what. Abort it - if it isn't going. She needs to trust you - but you also need to trust her. Let her practice. Talk out the process and what to do when and if.<br />
<br />
<br />
I know I sound serious but I have been happily boating with my husband for years because we followed this. We see couples yelling and screaming at each other - and that is a guarantee th
at there won't be another trip on the water.
Well stated...it works well most if the time when everyone undetstands their role and perfprms well.
Boaring can be fun and rewarding.
aevdg is offline   Reply With Quote