Headsets

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vessel Name
Geordie MacRae
Vessel Make
Marben 37
I am looking for a good pair of hands-free wireless headsets for my wife and I to use to communicate aboard our boat.* We currently have a pair we bought from Cruising Solutions but they don't work very well.* Does anyone have any recommendations?

We have been using the Eartec radios. They have worked well for us. The admiral can even hear me talk when in the engine room while underway. I don't find the headsets that came with the package very comfortable to wear, but we only have them on when manuvering in close quarters or for other quick jobs. My sight line from the pilothouse is not good astern, and the radios really cut down on raised voices while trying to keep up with sitautional awareness.
Cheers,
Wannabe

My wife and I use a set from Eartec as well. When we have a good cell signal we also use our iPhones with ear buds and mic.

We use the Eartecs with the clip on mike and ear piece, they work fine.

I will also endorse the Eartecs. It is a high quality piece of equipment.

We have them but have'nt used them yet. Something I don't like is that it says one must fully discharge the batts before recharging. So one gets to have them go dead while in use and finish the activity without the benefit of the talkers. I think a product like this needs a batt that can be kept in a fully charged state. The're cheap though and perhaps that's the reason they are.

By the way Gordie McRay I really like your boat*** ...at least what I can see in the avitar.

-- Edited by nomadwilly on Sunday 12th of June 2011 07:37:19 AM

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom