New England weather

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dwhatty

Moderator Emeritus
Vessel Name
"Emily Anne"
Vessel Make
2001 Island Gypsy 32 Europa (Hull #146)
Ya gotta love it (or hate it). After a cold, rainy, windy spring that never was, today it was suddenly 80 degrees F with high humdity.

We aren't used to such sweltering weather.

Now a T storm is rolling through and after that, for the next couple of days, its supposed to be great: sunny, with low humdity, gentle breezes, day time temps in the 70s and nights in the high 40s. Who knows what's next.

If only the 70s/40s would continue for the next 6 months I'd be the happiest of campers.

I know what you mean. My wife and I moved to Maine from Arizona three weeks ago and are wondering how to get used to the weather changes.

dwhatty wrote:
.....for the next couple of days, its supposed to be great: sunny, with low humdity, gentle breezes, day time temps in the 70s and nights in the high 40s.

Anthonyd wrote:
I know what you mean. My wife and I moved to Maine from Arizona three weeks ago and are wondering how to get used to the weather changes.
You never get used to them. You just endure them and bitch about them..

If you are going to MMA, then you will practically be our neighbors. My son is an MMA grad.

SeaHorse II wrote:dwhatty wrote:
.....for the next couple of days, its supposed to be great: sunny, with low humdity, gentle breezes, day time temps in the 70s and nights in the high 40s.

New England weather sounds pretty good.* We just got over a few 100 degree days in NJ.

Where is the dividing line between New England and the Middle Atlantic states?

Is it New York City?

JohnP

dwhatty wrote:Anthonyd wrote:
You never get used to them. You just endure them and bitch about them..

If you are going to MMA, then you will practically be our neighbors. My son is an MMA grad.

*Congratulations to your son. I will be going to MMA in the fall. I have an associates degree and wanted to get my bachelors before I'm too old. Since I sail unlicensed I felt MMA was the best choice to get my license.*

JohnP wrote:
Where is the dividing line between New England and the Middle Atlantic states?

Is it New York City?

JohnP
The Connecticut border. We have enough problems in New England without including New Yawkers.

Anthonyd wrote:Congratulations to your son. I will be going to MMA in the fall. I have an associates degree and wanted to get my bachelors before I'm too old. Since I sail unlicensed I felt MMA was the best choice to get my license.*
*He graduated several years ago. He's a Mate on tugs in NYC.

Are you going into the Small Vessel Operations program at MMA?

dwhatty wrote:
Ya gotta love it (or hate it). After a cold, rainy, windy spring that never was, today it was suddenly 80 degrees F with high humdity.

We aren't used to such sweltering weather.

Now a T storm is rolling through and after that, for the next couple of days, its supposed to be great: sunny, with low humdity, gentle breezes, day time temps in the 70s and nights in the high 40s. Who knows what's next.

If only the 70s/40s would continue for the next 6 months I'd be the happiest of campers.
Sounds like mother nature is going through menopause?*

When my wife went through menopause I had the exact opposite as when she was hot she would open the doors so I was cold, and when she was cold she turned up the heat and I was sweating.*

Back
Top Bottom