Fridge Replacement

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Soups On

Vessel Name
Soups On
Vessel Make
73 Gulfstar 36
Hi everyone,
We've recently purchased a 73 gulfstar 36 and would like to replace the fridge. Wondering if anyone has done this on this particular boat and if a direct replacement was found. I've been doing quite a bit of research and haven't been able to find a replacement that won't require modifications to the existing cabinet. Also curious if anyone knows who the original manufacturer might be. I can't find any markings on the fridge (haven't actually pulled it out yet).
Thanks
Scott

A pic might help.
Shure Marine in Seattle will be able to help, once you have the measurements of the opening.

Welcome to the forum! Congratulations on the new boat.

Ted

Lots of threads here on TF with info on replacement fridges. If you click the link at the end of my post, you'll likely find several that are relevant.

It comes down to dimensions. Manufacturers typically show these dimensions on their websites. A couple that come to mind are Vitrifrigo and Nova Kool.

I have NovaCool

Attachments

• 20170222_075938.jpg
    20170222_075938.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 118
Thanks for the welcomes and comments. I've narrowed it down to a couple of models from nova cool. One is taller than the existing opening and would require modifications to fit that would likely result in the need to relocate the microwave. The other, is smaller and would allow us to install a drawer between the fridge and microwave although the freezer is much smaller than we're used to. I was really hoping I would be able to find a direct replacement but it doesn't look like that's possible. I'm sure I could have a custom one made but I'd like to keep the cost down...Lots of other toys on the wish list...davits, a/c, upgrade stereo, solar, and the list goes on.

Keep looking. Search for alternatives that fit better. Do you have pics and dimensions of your current fridge?

What brands have you searched?

As matching is difficult, is it repairable, or is beyond that.

Back
Top Bottom