Newbie, first post....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

2savage

Vessel Name
Savage
Vessel Make
Seaton 50 expedition trawler
Just wanted to introduce myself. Currently own a C&C sailboat called Savage which I have raced extensively. Previous boats were Vicious, a Jenneau 35, Dirty Rascal, a Tripp 26 and Rascal, a Cal 9.2.

I'm an ex sailmaker, ex IT professional and also a car enthusiast.

Looking to buy a trawler because sailing Savage is tough for an old dude.

Alan

Welcome to the dark side. Or, as we like to say, the more comfortable side!

So, Rascal, Dirty Rascal, Vicious, Savage .......... does the new trawler get the name: "Dirty Bastard"? ?

Greetings,
Mr. SG. Considering Mr. 2s is decrying the amount of work he did fiddling with all those strings and rags, perhaps he should name the new boat "Lazy Bastard".

Just wanted to introduce myself. Currently own a C&C sailboat called Savage which I have raced extensively. Previous boats were Vicious, a Jenneau 35, Dirty Rascal, a Tripp 26 and Rascal, a Cal 9.2.

Alan

Wifey B: Congratulations on seeing the light. :D

Welcome. There are plenty of former sailors here. It is always good to see more as it improves the neighborhood. ;)

Welcome to the TF family!

Welcome. There are plenty of former sailors here. It is always good to see more as it improves the neighborhood. ;)

Wifey B: :nonono::nonono::eek::eek::angry::censored:

In all honesty, most sailors to cross over are very nice. They're open to new things and look at things more rationally than some who prefer to continue to dislike power even when can't handle sails and even when using their sailboat under power all the time.

The sailors who come here contribute and are not the extremists. Therefore, very welcome. :D

Even Dhays :rofl:

Dont know if another Blowboater can improve this neighborhood, might need a federal grant for that!

Welcome aboard anyway, Trawlers are far more civilized!

Made the same move last year. Got too old to enjoy pulling on all those strings while getting hit in the face with cold water. My wife, who wholeheartedly agreed with the decision, put it this way, "Those stinkpots don't smell nearly as bad as they used to!"

By the way, we bought a Grand Banks 32. By no means the least expensive (actually close to the most expensive for their size/age). But I love the traditional look and they are incredibly well-built, thus longer lasting and they hold their value very well.

Fair Winds!
Oldersalt

"Everything in you boat is broken. You just don't know it yet."

Alan

Former sailor here too. My trawler has strings (sheets in sailing-talk) to control small steadying sails, but it's totally optional.

Last edited:
Welcome aboard! Former sailor here too. Had enough of getting sprayed with saltwater ever third wave on my Catalina 36 out on the Pacific Coast. No regrets here.

Richard

Welcome to the forum! I'm not a former sailor as I do it once every decade or so just to remember why I spend my time under power. :rolleyes:

Ted

Back
Top Bottom