New Trawler owner!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nice looking boat! Congrats to you!

Andy, I wonder if the OP ever saw that movie filmed here in Aus, starring Billy Connolly, called "The man who sued God"..? His fishing boat was struck by lightening. It's a really feel good and funny movie. Anyone who hasn't seen it should get it out, download it - whatever. It was filmed largely in that beautiful South Coast NSW place with a very picturesque inlet, called Bermagui.

Ah, Bermagui. Now that brings back memories. Just finished the HSC ( high school) staying in a caravan in the local park with a bunch of mates. Surf, girls & beer ( the order depending on the time of day). All of us with not a bob (dime) to rub together. Loved Bermagui

Funnily enough I am going down there in three weeks on my way to ride one of the Victorian rail trails for five days on my mountain bike with a bunch of old friends. I'll give the old caravan park a smile & wave on my way through.

Andy, I wonder if the OP ever saw that movie filmed here in Aus, starring Billy Connolly, called "The man who sued God"..? His fishing boat was struck by lightening. It's a really feel good and funny movie. Anyone who hasn't seen it should get it out, download it - whatever. It was filmed largely in that beautiful South Coast NSW place with a very picturesque inlet, called Bermagui.
I know you knew all that Andy, by the way. That was for others who might not.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bermagui,_New_South_Wales

A good friend of ours from New Zealand made us aware of this movie years ago. Absolutely worth the effort to find and watch!
I forgot about it, now I'll have to find it again!!!
Thank you
Bruce

You might consider adding a platform / cockpit shower.
Our last boat had a wet head and I used the outdoor facilities much more often than the indoor.

You might consider adding a platform / cockpit shower.
Our last boat had a wet head and I used the outdoor facilities much more often than the indoor.

Yes, a swim deck or transom shower is on my short list of improvements if I keep the boat. I'd probably have to cut through the transom into the lazzerette to install it cleanly. On a ski boat that works perfectly but I'm not sure how that'll affect seaworthyness.

I just shower in the cocpit with my wash down hose while underway. More room and I get a lot of waves from passer byes :):):eek:ops That way I don't have to clean up the wet bath and also put smiles on many faces.

I just shower in the cocpit with my wash down hose while underway. More room and I get a lot of waves from passer byes :):):eek:ops That way I don't have to clean up the wet bath and also put smiles on many faces.

Smiles... or laughs?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom