Hull id

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

quino

Hello,

Have a 1979 Marine Trader 44 Trawler. Can't find the Hull ID number. Need it for registration purposes. Anyone knows where are they are supposed to be located on that year? Thanks in advance,
Quino

Look on the starboard side of the transom-should be imbosed in the gelcoat

Mine has been painted. Evidently I will have to take the paint off. Any pictures about where exactly it is suppose to be so I can work it out?

Our hull number was sanded out when the boat was painted. A trophy shop etched our number onto a piece of plastic 1/2"x4" and we attached it to the hull. Walk the docks and I bet you are not the only one with out the hull ID and you may see one or two where the numbers have been attached.

Last edited:
Mine has been painted. Evidently I will have to take the paint off. Any pictures about where exactly it is suppose to be so I can work it out?

Should be starboard side of transom up in the corner.

How did you acquire the boat? Most transactions will include the hull ID on it. Did you get a title?

You may also find it written on the hidden side of interior components. If the mfr had fitted parts, then removed them for finishing, he may well have marked the components for reassembly to the correct boat. (Both our Morgan 27 and our LeComte Northeast 38 had parts marked. I have not noticed 'em on our TT, but I have not taken that much apart, either.)

Check the starboard side of transom under or behind where the swim step (duck board?) is attached. Might have to get the top of your head wet to read the numbers upside down!

Our 1982 President has a similar issue. I have the CG documentation and all of the completed purchase agreements. There is a hull ID on those documents but when I went to register in my state they said I don't have the right number of characters. They said go to the starboard stern and you will see the embossed numbers.
Well, there is nothing there.

Our 1987 President 41 has them on the top starboard side of the transom right below the hull to deck joint. Correct number of digits and letters also.

Our hull number was sanded out when the boat was painted. A trophy shop etched our number onto a piece of plastic 1/2"x4" and we attached it to the hull. Walk the docks and I bet you are not the only one with out the hull ID and you may see one or two where the numbers have been attached.

Easy to order online, fasten with 4200, and you will see more than one or two :)

My 77 Marine Trader has the HIN etched into a plate attached to the starboard side of the transom under the swim platform just above the waterline.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom