Lobstering Webinar

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cruiserChick

I'll be giving a free webinar on Wednesday, February 22nd at 7pm EST entitled "Catching the Bug- Techniques for Finding, Catching and Eating Spiny Lobsters". I'll be discussing tips and tricks that I've learned and that others have shared with me over the years. Chiefy Mathie, author of "Catch the Bug" is going to join me as well to share some of his secrets. If you want to learn how to catch a lobster almost every time, then join us on Wednesday!

Here's the link to register: https://navionics.zoom.us/webinar/re...2040ba88984b7b

Attachments

• jessica lobster webinar ad..jpg
    jessica lobster webinar ad..jpg
    178.3 KB · Views: 93
Will this cover the Bahamas and their season, as well as any unique attributes of catching them there?

That hound can give the "webinar" a miss. Unless he/she appears as co-presenter.

After showing my wife RT's gif image of the dog she wants to know if she can train a Red Bone hound to retrieve lobsters?

Greetings,
Apologies to Ms. cC for the slight thread diversion...
Mr. CP. I suspect the "lobster dog" in the GIF is a Labrador Retriever (black variety). Great dogs for going and getting things they can see but not much for actually FINDING anything out of sight. That being said, they have been extensively and very successfully trained and employed as guide dogs for the blind and as well, they and their close relatives, yellow labs, are one of the most popular breeds in North America.
Redbone Hounds, on the other hand, are bred, born and raised to seek out and identify a plethora of "quarry" be it (ra)'coons, mountain lions, bear and deer to name a few. A number have also been trained in search and rescue.
They can be a very vocal dog during the chase so I suspect IF a Redbone were to go after a lobster it would, unfortunately and most probably drown...bark/bawl out, water in-alas, end of story.
Lobster are most possibly one of the few prey that Redbones could not be used to hunt thus I would encourage anyone thinking of using their Redbone to hunt bugs that they attend the webinar instead. Follow the link in post #7 please.

Back
Top Bottom