The SoS is out of the water...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Star0210

Guru
Vessel Name
Sea Star
Vessel Make
2004 Cruisers Yachts 50SS
It was kind of scary for us being that it was our first time hauling her out. But it went very smoothly and the guys at the yard didn't make fun of us too bad...haha
She's getting a bottom job, and a whole bunch of other things done including new props. They were in pretty rough shape!

Attachments

• IMG_1014.jpg
    IMG_1014.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 195
Last edited:
More pics

Attachments

• IMG_1023.jpg
    IMG_1023.jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 195
And another...they've started sanding

Attachments

• IMG_1027.jpg
    IMG_1027.jpg
    193.5 KB · Views: 178
I always like to stay away during the actual haul out and blocking. Then turn up when they start work.

Too nerve racking otherwise!

I always like to stay away during the actual haul out and blocking. Then turn up when they start work.

Too nerve racking otherwise!

I find it too anxiety provoking to actually watch.

What yard are you using?

I wouldn't miss the haul for anything. If something happens I want to see it happen.

Greetings,
I too would want to be on site when being hauled as long as a cardiac medical facility was close by if they dropped her...

The only three times I saw a boat that I was linked to hauled it was during the survey so for obvious reasons I wanted to be there.

Are you going to blast and epoxy the bottom

Nobody is hauling my boat out without me present. I know where the straps need to go and that I want spray rail blocks in place so that the straps aren't loading on the spray rails. If that last sentence didn't register with you, then there's no need for you to be there. And I certainly don't want it power washed or scraped until I can assess the growth on the bottom paint, running gear, transducers and through hull fittings. Yes I'm a little OCD. :blush: The good news is that they know me at the yard :nonono: and would probably hand me the travel lift key if I said I wanted to do it myself. :facepalm: :rolleyes:

Ted

Nobody is hauling my boat out without me present. I know where the straps need to go and that I want spray rail blocks in place so that the straps aren't loading on the spray rails. If that last sentence didn't register with you, then there's no need for you to be there. And I certainly don't want it power washed or scraped until I can assess the growth on the bottom paint, running gear, transducers and through hull fittings. Yes I'm a little OCD. :blush: The good news is that they know me at the yard :nonono: and would probably hand me the travel lift key if I said I wanted to do it myself. :facepalm: :rolleyes:

Ted

I want someone i trust observing, just not myself.

I want someone i trust observing, just not myself.

If something were to go wrong, I want to be the one pointing the finger.....even if it's at myself.

Ted

Ted

Agree 100%. With certain narrower lifts, the yard has to use standoffs to protect the flared gunnels. No way am I going to delegate that.

Greetings,
I too would want to be on site when being hauled as long as a cardiac medical facility was close by if they dropped her...

Funny, we're the opposite. We're always onsite for haul and launch. We've done 10 Launches and 11 hauls over the years.

Our boat is currently up for sale. We want a larger boat. Our boat is insured for more than i could probably sell her at this point. The last couple of years, you can hear both the admiral and myself muttering under out breath..."Please Drop her, please, please please drop the @#$#% out of her!!!"

Our boat is insured for more than i could probably sell her at this point. The last couple of years, you can hear both the admiral and myself muttering under out breath..."Please Drop her, please, please please drop the @#$#% out of her!!!"

That's not nice! :nonono::nonono::nonono:

Be careful what you wish for. How would you like to have some damage and a ssllloooww repair.

Ted

Funny, we're the opposite. We're always onsite for haul and launch. We've done 10 Launches and 11 hauls over the years.

Our boat is currently up for sale. We want a larger boat. Our boat is insured for more than i could probably sell her at this point. The last couple of years, you can hear both the admiral and myself muttering under out breath..."Please Drop her, please, please please drop the @#$#% out of her!!!"

LOL!! That's terrible but funny.

Are you going to blast and epoxy the bottom
Pressure wash, sanding off old bottom paint, new two coat bottom paint. Not sure about epoxy. New bottom paint will be Petit SR.

Ted,
What boatyard do you use? In Ft. Myers or Crisfield?
Jim

And of course she's getting a "boat load" :rofl::smitten::surrender::lol:more than just bottom job. Hull buff and wax, gel coat repairs. Dryer vent removed and plugged and gel coated. Buff transom and gel coat refinish. Transom door repaired and gel coat refinish and re-install. Trim tabs inspected and repaired (don't work currently). All through hulls inspected and repaired as needed. All deck drain through hull plastic ends replaced. Engine room vents replaced (because several are cracked). Portlight external frames replaced (several are cracked). Shaft packing replaced. New props calculated and installed. Engines checked out. Re-launch and speed check with clean bottom and new props. Maybe one or two other items I forgot. :banghead:

StarsMan
If you are going back with the plastic E/R vents I have 4 new (never installed ) you can have.

Ted,
What boatyard do you use? In Ft. Myers or Crisfield?
Jim

Scott's Cove Marina in Chance, MD (15 miles North of Crisfield ). No phone; no web page; no place like it. It's not at the end of the Earth, but you can see the end of the Earth from it. :rolleyes:

Ted

StarsMan
If you are going back with the plastic E/R vents I have 4 new (never installed ) you can have.

Yeah, I was expecting I would go back with plastic. I will check with the yard to see if they have already found and ordered the replacements. If they haven't I will absolutely take them.

Do you think they are the same size and shape?

SOS looks good with her new shoes on, saw her yesterday at Bents.

SOS looks good with her new shoes on, saw her yesterday at Bents.

Yes she does!!! That is just the first coat though. You should contact us when you are in town, would love to get together sometime.

SOS is looking better and better,,,, Bent is doing a great job... What size wheels did you put on??

I wouldn't miss the haul as well.
April 2015. Back to the water after hauled out for survey inspection prior purchasing, also for anti-fouling. Ready for sea trial with surveyors & local Caterpillar service.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom