Tigress Problem?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Oldersalt

Vessel Name
Pacific Star
Vessel Make
1990 Grand Banks 32 #834
My Lofrans Tigress anchor windlass continues to run fine pulling UP the anchor, but doesn't want to run in the DOWN mode. Seems like it's stalling...chatters a bit and it sounds like maybe the clutch is slipping. There is no obstruction, and the little keepers are not interfering. And the release knob is tight.
Anybody have any thoughts/experience about this?
Thanks in advance
Oldersalt

"Remember, everything on you boat is broken. You just don't know it yet."

Might be the chain is wedged in the locker. Sometimes the "pile" tips over on itself, burying the chain in the process. Try pulling (carefully) the chain out by hand on the deck for a few feet. Just my 2 cents.

My Lofrans Tigress anchor windlass continues to run fine pulling UP the anchor, but doesn't want to run in the DOWN mode. Seems like it's stalling...chatters a bit and it sounds like maybe the clutch is slipping. There is no obstruction, and the little keepers are not interfering. And the release knob is tight.
Anybody have any thoughts/experience about this?
Thanks in advance
Oldersalt

"Remember, everything on you boat is broken. You just don't know it yet."

We have the same issue but it is because the chain has fallen over on itself in the anchor locker. I assume it is a safety measure so the windlass does not pull the chain jam through the deck, my three cents........:facepalm:

Same experience with mine, when chain has jammed in the locker. On freeing the chain it runs fine. Please let us know if that was the cause, or otherwise.

I believe this section of the forum is more for tech or communications problems with the forum itself. I think you will get more views and replies if you ask the mods to move it to the Anchors and Anchoring section of the forum.

Last edited:
Moved, thanks for pointing that out Steve.

I have a similar problem with the down side of my Lofrans. I am in able to release the
lock it just locks I am unable release it. I have yet to attempt to release the chain. I am at the point of taking it apart and see if there is a problem with the release.
vern leslie cloud 9
marine trader 44

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom