Quit While You're Ahead

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
But, but.... he did the Kessel run in less than 12 parsecs...

What? Star Bores got it wrong? A parsec is a unit of distance (3.2 light years), not speed. Doing the Kessel run in less than 12 parsecs means he found a short cut through hyperspace, not that he was going fast. Probably pretty easy compared to trying to land a small plane at a busy commercial airport!

Comes a time in every pilot's life when it's time to give it up. My dad pulled the trigger in a helicopter that "used" to center the trim, and dropped a 500 gallon fuel bladder into the sea. Turns out that particular model of helicopter used that button as a sling release...

Never met a pilot that didn't hate to give it up though...

What? Star Bores got it wrong? A parsec is a unit of distance (3.2 light years), not speed. Doing the Kessel run in less than 12 parsecs means he found a short cut through hyperspace, not that he was going fast. Probably pretty easy compared to trying to land a small plane at a busy commercial airport!

Yeah, but ..... Greedo shot first! :D

We all make mistakes, young and old, experienced and inexperienced, and he just made a mistake, without any damage. I'm sure he could see the jet, and easily fly over it to land, even though it was a taxiway. It was not good, but all he needs is a scolding and let him go back to flying.

He has done a lot of good for flying and general aviation and is a great guy, and an excellent pilot.

Let him fly til 100.... I have no problem with that.

Not exactly on the numbers but he walked away and so did everyone else. Time to change the britches though.

wasn't it just a year ago that he crashed another plane on a golf course?

Yep! Can't recall if it was an experimental or a restoration, but it resembled a military restoration. Engine failure, but it didn't land on it's wheels from the pictures...

We actually had a commercial passenger flight (twin otter) land on a lake (snow covered) well short of the airport once. They were able to fly it back off after unloading the passengers and moving them to the airport by helicopter, but I doubt that pilot had a job after that incident :)

WHAT? WHAT? I cant hear you with that damn horn blowing!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom